2020 Civic Si purchase during Pandemic?

Turboblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Blue, 15 Sedona (Shuttle Atlantis)
Country flag
So I just got a deal worked out. A dealership I talked to the other day called me back after I told them the deal wasn’t what I wanted.

Apparently right now he dealers are being told that due to the factory shutting down and such because of COVID-19, that the cars on their lots light be all they have for the next month or two. So they have been told to cease “Aggressive pricing” but he ended up working out a deal I was happy with. 25K OTD. The only issue now is that they aren’t 100% on if they have a truck driver to deliver the car this week. I sure hope they can get it here so I don’t have to wait.
Sponsored

lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
I am a truck driver and right now we are considered essential personnel that must work. So I am sure you should see your vehicle soon. At times like these I am glad I got mine Si last week.

GR Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Ram 3500, 2008 Honda Pilot, 2008 MB ML550, 2013 Honda Fit
Country flag
Picked one up on March 16th. I think I might have gotten a little better deal if I had waited another week, but I could not find another blue sedan anywhere else around DFW and surrounding areas up to 4 hours way. That is the color the wife wanted. I would have been ok with the Modern Steel and there were 2 or 3 of those around, so I might have been able to haggle a little more. Ended up paying $27k out the door including a long list of dealer installed options that I was indifferent about. Actually, I had them remove the pin stripping.
One thing that they insisted on was that I finance it. From the start, I always said that it would be a cash purchase. I imagine Honda Financial Services wanted to make up for any lost profit on a discounted selling price. I waited about a week then called them up and paid it off over the phone. They got another $44 out of me for the interest!
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Si purchase during Pandemic? 624FD824-3ACF-40C7-B103-7E8F6445C863

Wrexysi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si, 2019 Pathfinder Rock Creek, 2013 R6
Country flag
Purchased mine via email on the 18th of March. I told them what I wanted to pay, the did a dealer trade and got me the car before the sales department completely shut down. Ended up paying $21900 for the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Si purchase during Pandemic? 358575AC-6191-4A21-9A08-5308D8DFD25B

OP
OP
DOZOIR

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I am a truck driver and right now we are considered essential personnel that must work. So I am sure you should see your vehicle soon. At times like these I am glad I got mine Si last week.
Thanks for the info. Was the $21900 that you paid before taxes, doc fees, etc.? The MSRP with destination is $26155 I believe.

Wrexysi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si, 2019 Pathfinder Rock Creek, 2013 R6
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Was the $21900 that you paid before taxes, doc fees, etc.? The MSRP with destination is $26155 I believe.
Yes that was before taxes and fees. It was the best price I could find by far. I’m leasing and my payment is 274/m for 15k per year. They also took care of last 2 payments on my optima lease totaling $640.

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic EX Sedan NHBP. Planning on a 2020 Si in CBP!
Country flag
I got a quote last week for a 2020 SI for 21,973.75 plus tax in N. VA.
That's awesome! Was that price before incentives like 1k loyalty cash? Do you happen to have any communications from the dealer indicating this price? I only ask, so that I can provide this to my dealer to get them to match it. Thanks!

Chrisv9

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Maybe not relevant to this thread but last April I purchased a 19' Coupe SI for 23,800 out the door (after tax and all fees). Southern CA. Tax will depend on the city you live of course.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I want to mention that if anyone is looking for another way of buying a used car, Carvana is offering 90 days no payments

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Si purchase during Pandemic? 1586213573018

One of my co-workers last year bought a low mileage 2017 Toyota Camry XSE, and her feedback on the experience was very good. When they delivered it they let her do an inspection and test drive and she was told if she didn't want it they would load it back up on the truck and there would be no obligation to buy it. They also gave her 7 days to return the car, no questions asked as well as a 4500 mile warranty on top of the Toyota warranty. She told me that this would be the way she buy her cars from now on

GR Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Ram 3500, 2008 Honda Pilot, 2008 MB ML550, 2013 Honda Fit
Country flag
Yes that was before taxes and fees. It was the best price I could find by far. I’m leasing and my payment is 274/m for 15k per year. They also took care of last 2 payments on my optima lease totaling $640.
I have never leased, but I would think an “out the door“ price would not mean the same as it would if it were a purchase and not a lease, since they will eventually get the car back. I’m not trying To say that you did not get a good deal, because it sounds like you did.

firesyde424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I am curious to know if any member has purchased an Si during this Pandemic. What was the price that you paid not including taxes and doc fees ( MSRP is $26115 including destination charge)?

Are the dealers discounting the cars due to the economic downturn? I have an appointment tomorrow to look at a Si Coupe.

Thanks.
I just picked up a 2020 SI earlier today. I did lease it, instead of buying. $2,000 out the door at $240/month for 36 months and 12K miles\year. It hadn't been on the lot long enough to have the fuses installed in it when I found it. Was the only one within 100 miles according to Honda's website.

***Edit*** I should mention that I traded in my 2019 SI Coupe as part of that deal. ***Edit

Last edited:

Turboblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Blue, 15 Sedona (Shuttle Atlantis)
Country flag
So my deal is in limbo. According to the dealer the blue one I want is “at the port” and they have no way to get it might be sometime in Mid May. He can get a dealer transfer of a gray one but the dealer is in MD and it’s closed until the end of the month due to Coronavirus. So I can wait until the end of the month and get a gray or wait a few weeks later for my blue. I told him if I have to wait till the end of the month a treat. Might as well wait until the blue shows up.
It’s becoming extremely difficult to give a dealership money. I’ve never had such a hard time getting the car. I’ve already agreed on a deal. Now I just need a dang car to drive away in. Lol

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
So my deal is in limbo. According to the dealer the blue one I want is “at the port” and they have no way to get it might be sometime in Mid May. He can get a dealer transfer of a gray one but the dealer is in MD and it’s closed until the end of the month due to Coronavirus. So I can wait until the end of the month and get a gray or wait a few weeks later for my blue. I told him if I have to wait till the end of the month a treat. Might as well wait until the blue shows up.
It’s becoming extremely difficult to give a dealership money. I’ve never had such a hard time getting the car. I’ve already agreed on a deal. Now I just need a dang car to drive away in. Lol
Make sure they don't put hundreds of miles on the car doing the say "transfer". lol... Dealers do stupid stuff like that.

caliboy15

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list.... jk
Country flag
I got mine for $25,250 otd with 2.9 apr with free tint and alarm system

dealer wanted $27,600 Plus ttl but as this current situation there’s no way they can sell it for that much

OP
OP
DOZOIR

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I got mine for $25,250 otd with 2.9 apr with free tint and alarm system

dealer wanted $27,600 Plus ttl but as this current situation there’s no way they can sell it for that much

Thank you for your post. I am currently speaking with a dealer. What was the sale price since taxes, etc. are different in every state? Thank you!
Sponsored