2020 Civic Si purchase during Pandemic?

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I am curious to know if any member has purchased an Si during this Pandemic. What was the price that you paid not including taxes and doc fees ( MSRP is $26115 including destination charge)?

Are the dealers discounting the cars due to the economic downturn? I have an appointment tomorrow to look at a Si Coupe.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Here in California we are in our third week of a mandatory quarantine, so no car buying here. Only the service/parts departments are open as they are considered essential businesses. With the economy basically shot, I'm sure when this is over car makers will be discounting

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
In my state the salesmen have all been laid off and sales depts closed. I see ads for online sales though so not sure.

Honda just announced $1000 loyalty cash. Expect much bigger sales later on when the GDP drops by 25%.

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Here in California we are in our third week of a mandatory quarantine, so no car buying here. Only the service/parts departments are open as they are considered essential businesses. With the economy basically shot, I'm sure when this is over car makers will be discounting
my buddy just leased a Alfa Romeo here in California. He got an absolutely steal of a deal. 1k down 280 a month 24 months.

I can’t speak on Honda but with it being the last day of the month and end of the 1st quarter you should be able to snag an amazing deal. Don’t go right in with what you want. Take the time to drive the car show massive interest and when they lay the price on you tell them you’re gonna check another dealership. They’ll do everything in their power to make you stay to work a deal.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
my buddy just leased a Alfa Romeo here in California. He got an absolutely steal of a deal. 1k down 280 a month 24 months.

I can’t speak on Honda but with it being the last day of the month and end of the 1st quarter you should be able to snag an amazing deal. Don’t go right in with what you want. Take the time to drive the car show massive interest and when they lay the price on you tell them you’re gonna check another dealership. They’ll do everything in their power to make you stay to work a deal.
I'm surprised dealerships are still open in your area. Here in Northern Cal only service departments are open. Any non-essential business will be fined out here

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm surprised dealerships are still open in your area. Here in Northern Cal only service departments are open. Any non-essential business will be fined out here
I was surprised too. Buddy said they had 2 sales people working and two finance people working. My wife just told me now our neighbor down the street just got a brand new Audi Q7 over the weekend.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In my state the salesmen have all been laid off and sales depts closed. I see ads for online sales though so not sure.

Honda just announced $1000 loyalty cash. Expect much bigger sales later on when the GDP drops by 25%.
They are probably all laid off here in NorCal as well. Tomorrow our company (which is a medical device startup) is going to have a blood-bath, laying off most of our Bio group and clinicians. If you go back just a few weeks we were about to receive our next funding round and were planning our next clinical trial (coming off of a successful one), now we are just trying to slow down the cash burn so we can survive the next 18 months

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
They are probably all laid off here in NorCal as well. Tomorrow our company (which is a medical device startup) is going to have a blood-bath, laying off most of our Bio group and clinicians. If you go back just a few weeks we were about to receive our next funding round and were planning our next clinical trial (coming off of a successful one), now we are just trying to slow down the cash burn so we can survive the next 18 months
Sorry to hear that. There's tons of stimulus in the bill, but companies have to figure out what they can get, and a lot of companies will slip through the cracks, since they're mostly concerned about helping big corporations.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Makes me wish I was in the market... but with the uncertainty of things, who knows who'll have a job in a few months.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. There's tons of stimulus in the bill, but companies have to figure out what they can get, and a lot of companies will slip through the cracks, since they're mostly concerned about helping big corporations.
The main Incubator as well as two of our startups we incubate are applying for a stimulus loan, but we will probably get around $1.5M per company (our last round was $30 million), that will barely cover 6 months of salaries. But our CEO is very innovative (literally!) and hopefully in 18 months we will be back on our feet. Of course we will have lost a lot of ground, and talent. We had just come off of a very successful human trial on a groundbreaking medical device, and if not for this epidemic in 18 months it would have been very likely that there would have been an acquisition that would have put us on the same map as Facebook or Google

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I was surprised too. Buddy said they had 2 sales people working and two finance people working. My wife just told me now our neighbor down the street just got a brand new Audi Q7 over the weekend.
Damn people are taking advantage. But if they are getting good deals, it’s worth it.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I bought my SI Coupe a couple of weeks ago. Price for the car was around $24.5K that includes destination, wheel locks, rubber trunk lid, and splash guards. That was about $500 more than the best deal I could get from other further away dealers. There was also a 1.9% APR special running at the time and since I wasn't aware of that special, of course, they duped me and gave me 2.9% APR. smh...