JonInAtl

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T, 1988 SAAB 900Turbo Airflow, 1965 VW Beetle
Started happening to me this morning.
I've never had the tune-mix setting on but tired turning it on and back off again- no change.

Gotta say, I've owned +- 25 cars over the years and have never had one with so many problems as this thing.
Thank God it'll be paid off after 6 months and then it'll be gone.
First Honda.
Last Honda.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cookracr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R #17956
Country flag
This problem started for me today was well. When i go to look at the channel list it's pretty much empty. Don't know of that's part of it or not.

loki

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L coupe
Country flag
This problem started for me today was well. When i go to look at the channel list it's pretty much empty. Don't know of that's part of it or not.
Mine did it Friday and all weekend and I saw the same thing. Channel list was basically empty. I tried rebooting, etc but nothing helped. Everything worked, just that the channel list was empty. As of yesterday, the issue was gone and the channel list was re-populated. I think it was a Sirius/XM issue but who knows.

Hopefully it cleared up for some of y'all too.

Cookracr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R #17956
Country flag
Mine did it Friday and all weekend and I saw the same thing. Channel list was basically empty. I tried rebooting, etc but nothing helped. Everything worked, just that the channel list was empty. As of yesterday, the issue was gone and the channel list was re-populated. I think it was a Sirius/XM issue but who knows.

Mine cleared up yesterday. Channel list was full again too.

blu-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex w/HondaSensing
Country flag

Mine cleared up (again) as well. Though like a day or so before that, I was driving around and noticed a different issue where some of the channels on my presets would get tuned to, but then nothing would play. It seemed to only affect the few preset I had with a 300+ channel number, e.g. Rock Bar or Faction, which I think are all premium/internet-based... so maybe it's related to specific channels?

Parrothead147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civix
Mine started doing this yesterday morning. Every time I change from preset to preset, it says "Channel not available". After about a minute, my presets show back up at the bottom. But, if I just change the channel, that message doesn't pop up where the presets are. My channel lists are gone as well. I hope mine clears up in a few days like everybody else. I have had my civic for almost a year and half and this is the first time this has happened.

blu-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex w/HondaSensing
Country flag
Mine started doing this yesterday morning. Every time I change from preset to preset, it says "Channel not available". After about a minute, my presets show back up at the bottom. But, if I just change the channel, that message doesn't pop up where the presets are. My channel lists are gone as well. I hope mine clears up in a few days like everybody else. I have had my civic for almost a year and half and this is the first time this has happened.
Sorry to hear that. My radio hasn't acted up again since I last posted (knock on wood), so hopefully yours will clear up by itself and stay that way. Or you could try disabling the Tune Mix setting like jeffasaul mentioned he did and see if that works for you.

Parrothead147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civix
Sorry to hear that. My radio hasn't acted up again since I last posted (knock on wood), so hopefully yours will clear up by itself and stay that way. Or you could try disabling the Tune Mix setting like jeffasaul mentioned he did and see if that works for you.
I tried that yesterday and no luck. :( Of course it's my luck that I just took my car last weekend for a normal maintenance appointment. Really don't want to spend another half a day at the dealership. Hope it clears up by itself like it seems everybody else's has.

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
Still in the trial period. I have the same problem for a week so far. Fed up, I call Sirius today and the "tech" rep says, "Never heard of that issue, I need to transfer you to our advanced tech department." "But, I can sign you up today so you will not experience interruption of service." I said, "You're kidding, right? I have an issue with a banner covering my presets and you want money now?" The guy transferred me to an outsourced overseas place (I asked). The lady says, "There is nothing we can do, you have to take the car to your dealership for a reset." I say, "You're kidding, right?" Then, I get an analogy from her about my radio and a cellphone are similar which is why the radio has to go back to the dealership. What?! I said, "Thank you for your time." and hang up.

The people on this thread have basically the same problem around the same span of time and it cannot be a Sirius/XM issue? Called the dealership. All they will do is a reset on the radio like I did. Aargh!

Last edited:

touringguy17

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' sport touring hatch
Have a 17 sport and started having the same issue at the beginning of the month. A lot of the same symptoms already posted (no channel list, the unrecognized channel warning, etc). I did take it into the dealership to have it looked at with some other rattling issues I was having. Anyways, there was a head unit update for the XM radio (clears up antenna lost errors), unfortunately it did not solve the issue. However I have found that if I disabled the mix channel setting, did a reset and then reenable the mix channel it cleared up the radio issues (channel list came back and warning went away). I been running for only about a day, but will keep you guys posted if it comes back. Glad it isnt just my issue. I think it is an XM issue, but their techs knew nothing about it.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I started to have the issue too. But the weird thing was that the "mix channel setting" was not enabled to begin with (must've disabled it when I first got the car). So disabling this is not the only issue causing the problem of "channel not available." Only way I've found to make this message go away faster is to hit the seek button. Will definitely have the dealer look into it if the problem persists.

touringguy17

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' sport touring hatch
I started to have the issue too. But the weird thing was that the "mix channel setting" was not enabled to begin with (must've disabled it when I first got the car). So disabling this is not the only issue causing the problem of "channel not available." Only way I've found to make this message go away faster is to hit the seek button. Will definitely have the dealer look into it if the problem persists.
Maybe a dumb question but how long does it take for the whole seek process to finish?

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Maybe a dumb question but how long does it take for the whole seek process to finish?
So I mean the seek button to advance seconds on the radio if a song is not playing "live." If you hit the forward seek button, the "channel not available" message goes away. Hope this makes sense.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2015 Hyundai Sante Fe Sport, 2002 Duramax, Sold 1999 Civic Si
Country flag
Same exact issues here, since sometime last week. If I change one preset at a time using steering wheel controls the presets com back pretty quick, maybe 10-20sec. If I change multiple stations it seem to stay up indefinitely. But I usually hit home and back to audio, and they return. Thankfully I don't use them much as I hate the touch screen. I pretty much just use the steering wheel and cycle thru them. I just hope that it fixes itself or a fix is found because it is quite annoying.

The unit also locks up maybe once a month or so, and then resets with a loud amp/speaker spike or something like that. But once it reboots it seems ok. Just another dam problem with this head unit. I love Honda's but this infotainement system has been problematic.
Sponsored