Window tinting

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm starting to miss the 80s.
Cocaine and Miami Vice?⛱ I thought we were talking window tint?
I think Pearl meant, that in the 80s, the windshield logo was a very popular thing to do, and it brought back memories.

I miss the 80s too, but for different reasons. :)
Sponsored

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Ohio is 50% on fronts and no limit on rears, Does it look better to stay 50% all around so that its uniform or would you do 50% on fronts and much darker on rears?

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Ohio is 50% on fronts and no limit on rears, Does it look better to stay 50% all around so that its uniform or would you do 50% on fronts and much darker on rears?
I have a coupe and Virginia is 50% too but I'm going to do 40% all around for uniformity.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it looks better if it all matches.

Jefreezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Updated photo with matte black vinyl on the window trim and also my clear side markers came in. Also I was messing around with some plasti dip an I actually really like the black mirrors opposed to the white. Now the decision to black the chrome on the grill or not.....

Honda Civic 10th gen Window tinting ima

jcoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
:dunno:Question about window tint: I'm getting Rayno Nano Carbon Ceramic Phantom Series 5 level 15% all around with a 5%, limo tint, visor on my windshield. Do any of you think this tint will effect any of the technology behind my rear view mirror on my Touring?

jcoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
huper optic ceramic is awesome but expensive
I got Hüper Optik Ceramic tint 15% on my Chevy Volt & loved it but they stopped using it because people in my area complained that it was turning purple over time. I didn't notice it on my car but yeah...it was crazy expensive. I paid $550+ but in So. Cal it's worth it!!

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
:dunno:Question about window tint: I'm getting Rayno Nano Carbon Ceramic Phantom Series 5 level 15% all around with a 5%, limo tint, visor on my windshield. Do any of you think this tint will effect any of the technology behind my rear view mirror on my Touring?
it shouldn't but it is going to be dark as hell at night, so be careful.

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Update: about a month having my tint done, a few complaints. The 2 small rear windows both have a few small bubbles that haven't gone away, also the drivers side rear door has a tiny piece of lint or something under the film right at the top of the window. I have warranty on everything, but now I have to go through the hassle of going back there and having them fix it. For almost 400 bones, you bet your ass I am getting it corrected haha. Plus my OCD will not allow me any other solution.

jcoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Update: about a month having my tint done, a few complaints. The 2 small rear windows both have a few small bubbles that haven't gone away, also the drivers side rear door has a tiny piece of lint or something under the film right at the top of the window. I have warranty on everything, but now I have to go through the hassle of going back there and having them fix it. For almost 400 bones, you bet your ass I am getting it corrected haha. Plus my OCD will not allow me any other solution.
I can't believe you have lasted a month! I have OCD too...I wouldn't be able to sleep at night!!!

kahrazie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring - Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
This seems to be a popular topic. 35% front, 18% on the back. Keep in mind that if you have black interior its going to make your tint look darker. I've been rocking 35%/18% on three cars now over 3 years and have never been pulled over (Fingers crossed). I'm in Ohio and I just found out after getting tinted that 50% is the maximum legal limit on the fronts.
Honda Civic 10th gen Window tinting 20160703_173011

Honda Civic 10th gen Window tinting 20160703_173028

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it shouldn't but it is going to be dark as hell at night, so be careful.
Exactly this. I have 25% all around, and it's just almost too dark for me at night. The people who have 5-10% and say they never have a problem at night, apparently never look out the sides or back.... or they should be Air Force pilots.

Last edited:

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I can't believe you have lasted a month! I have OCD too...I wouldn't be able to sleep at night!!!
I am not going to lie it has been bugging the hell out of me, but I know there is no way I can get back there unless its a saturday, so that has helped hahah.

StevieJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Which brand is preferable/better between Llumar and Solar Gard?
Sponsored