Abid

First Name
Abid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys, I just got my window tints redone because my previous tints were just not dark enough for me, I had 35% in front and 20% in rear. I just got the tints redone today and now I have 15% in front and 5% in the rear and I love the way it looks. My only concern is with the rear glass being tinted 5% because at night if I turn my head to look through the rear glass it is pitch dark and I can't even see parked cars for example. I use my rear view camera and mirrors to reverse anyways so its not a big deal but I dont know how I feel not being able to see anything at all through my rear glass. I'm not sure if I should stick with the 5% or get it removed for like 15% tint on the rear glass instead? (not sure if that would make a difference with visibility)

Does anyone have their rear glass tinted at 5%? If so, how is that been for you? How's it driving at night and reversing for you?
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys, I just got my window tints redone because my previous tints were just not dark enough for me, I had 35% in front and 20% in rear. I just got the tints redone today and now I have 15% in front and 5% in the rear and I love the way it looks. My only concern is with the rear glass being tinted 5% because at night if I turn my head to look through the rear glass it is pitch dark and I can't even see parked cars for example. I use my rear view camera and mirrors to reverse anyways so its not a big deal but I dont know how I feel not being able to see anything at all through my rear glass. I'm not sure if I should stick with the 5% or get it removed for like 15% tint on the rear glass instead? (not sure if that would make a difference with visibility)

Does anyone have their rear glass tinted at 5%? If so, how is that been for you? How's it driving at night and reversing for you?
If it makes you feel unsafe, then it probably is for you. Any modifications made to a personal vehicle should not do one thing and that is make you nervous about your safety. I say stick with a tint level that isn't weighing on your mind when you're supposed to be concentrating on driving. I had limo tint on my Prelude back in the day and I hated not being able to clearly see out of my back window at night.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Iā€™ve been getting 5% in the rear for 20+ years.... yeah, itā€™s difficult to see at night, but i deal with it.

OP
OP

Abid

First Name
Abid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it makes you feel unsafe, then it probably is for you. Any modifications made to a personal vehicle should not do one thing and that is make you nervous about your safety. I say stick with a tint level that isn't weighing on your mind when you're supposed to be concentrating on driving. I had limo tint on my Prelude back in the day and I hated not being able to clearly see out of my back window at night.
What tint do you currently have on the rear glass?

OP
OP

Abid

First Name
Abid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Iā€™ve been getting 5% in the rear for 20+ years.... yeah, itā€™s difficult to see at night, but i deal with it.
Can you even see anything while reversing with the 5% tints? Or do you use your camera and mirrors when reversing to see whatā€™s behind you ?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Can you even see anything while reversing with the 5% tints? Or do you use your camera and mirrors when reversing to see whatā€™s behind you ?
Before I used my mirrors, when vehicles didnā€™t have back up cameras. Also a good habit to be observant of whatā€™s behind you before you back up. Now I use my back up camera.

but as mentioned above... if you donā€™t feel safe, or confident, maybe itā€™s better you not go that dark. Avoid the risk.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What tint do you currently have on the rear glass?
Nothing on my Si yet, but with my Prelude I settled on 18% for the doors and 15% on the back windows. It was black with black leather interior, so the tint looked much darker from the outside than it really was.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I have full 5% on my rear windows and back window including sunroof and windshield visor. Driver and passenger 20%. I can see perfectly fine out of all of them, I got ceramic tint so itā€™s not like the normal carbon dyed stuff that you seem to have. I have idea of how your windows look, my wife has 5% all around on her Corolla thatā€™s carbon dyed and I have to drive with the windows down at night because I canā€™t see anything outside of it unless there a somewhat well lit area. Seems like you might have that cheaper carbon dyed tint like my wife (she legit paid $100 for all her windows to be done and visor) has OR youā€™re not used to it. If it makes you uncomfortable I would remove it and try ceramic tint or just do a lighter tint. Maybe 70% or whatever is legal. Anytint helps.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Remember that the car comes with 70% tint, so adding 5% tint gives you 3.5%.
Sponsored