Whiteline Suspension Adjustable sway bar kit coming

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know with the 99 SI, if you upgraded the rear bar, you needed to add a subframe brace to keep the subframe from tearing. The stock one is 20.5mm, and the upgraded one is 22. I haven't looked under there to see how beefy it is or how it is attached. I know that these two have a whole different purpose between the 99 Si and the CTR. Would you think that upgrading it would cause another issue down the road? The early adopters of the ITR swaybar on the SI, didn't have that issue until the car was under more extreme driving, and then the issue presented itself.

OP
OP
JLOracing

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know with the 99 SI, if you upgraded the rear bar, you needed to add a subframe brace to keep the subframe from tearing. The stock one is 20.5mm, and the upgraded one is 22. I haven't looked under there to see how beefy it is or how it is attached. I know that these two have a whole different purpose between the 99 Si and the CTR. Would you think that upgrading it would cause another issue down the road? The early adopters of the ITR swaybar on the SI, didn't have that issue until the car was under more extreme driving, and then the issue presented itself.
this will not be an issue on the CTR, the subframe is plenty strong enough to handle most any bar your throw at it