RV6 Performance Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Install Guide For 10th Gen Civic Type R

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
No worries -as stated above no alignment is needed with only the sway bar install. Swapping this out doesn’t change any suspension geometry or dimensions, just increases the stiffness. I did an alignment due to the toe bars and lower control arms.
I know various components were installed at once and the use of different bushings may contribute but any noticeable difference in nvh from the rear sway bar?
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does anyone keep these in stock or are they all on a 2-3 week lead time?

OP
OP
TheShadow

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
I know various components were installed at once and the use of different bushings may contribute but any noticeable difference in nvh from the rear sway bar?
No - sway bars don’t add any NVH. They only allow more load transfer between tires during turning.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
No - sway bars don’t add any NVH. They only allow more load transfer between tires during turning.
Thanks for the insight, I ran same thing on my mustang billet end links and all with no issue so I was expecting the same

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Installed mine yesterday. Quite noisy. Hoping a retorque of hardware solves this issue.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Going to finally install this weekend. Any tips for avoiding this dreaded "preload" that I keep reading about?

Acrbling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' CW FK8, 16' AW F32
Country flag
I
Going to finally install this weekend. Any tips for avoiding this dreaded "preload" that I keep reading about?
Install everything and leave the brackets and two bolts that secure the end links to the lca loose. Then drop the rear and tighten everything up.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Been driving on mine for a few weeks now and just this weekend I started getting a metallic rattle from the rear any time I hit a bump in the road. From reading other people's posts it sounds like maybe the end links have loosened. Is there anything that I can do to prevent this?
Sponsored