Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
So I bought my 2017 civic hatchback a year ago and have ktuner and PRL intake , I can take off the the tuner no problem obviously So I’m wondering what year I will need to do the mandated smog check , thanks in advance for any replies.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New law is 8 years later for new cars. Mod away and enjoy. Most people don’t keep a car for that long.

OP
OP

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
So for a 2017 i wouldnt need one until 2025?

Alberto1866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
This is taken straight from the California DMV Smog page

"My car is new. Am I still required to get the biennial smog inspection?

Vehicles registered in areas subject to the biennial smog certification program are required to submit evidence of a smog certification every other renewal period. Starting January 1, 2019, owners of vehicles eight or less model years old will pay an annual smog abatement fee for the first eight registration years instead of being required to provide a biennial smog certification. The registration renewal notice mailed to you by the department will indicate if a smog certification is required. If a smog certification is required and you have not had a smog inspection, you may still pay your registration fees to avoid any late fees. However, you will not receive your new registration or year sticker until the smog information has been received by DMV."

By the sounds of this since your car fall in the "eight or less model years old" category, you wont have to worry about smog until 2025, unless you get told otherwise by the DMV. Hope this helps.
Sponsored