Whelp, got the AC inspected due to warm air / Freon being blown through the vents on my 18 civic sport. $1500 replacement for leaking compressor.

Fk7_412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He did mention that he will be sending my information and issue to a Honda rep next week for potential coverings/partial reimbursement. Not sure if any of you guys had any luck with that or if you just stuck with the lack luster AC? I just crossed 50k miles and have no extended warranties.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
No luck for me and I’m a month waiting for my compressor and condenser to come in. This will be the last time I’m owning a Honda...

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
One theory that I have read on one of the many threads re: compressor failure: The rubber seals are drying out during the colder months when the compressor isn't being used. I'm dreading the eventual day when the comp fails in my Civic. But, during the cooler months, I've tried to make sure I run the AC for a few minutes at regular intervals. We'll see. And fingers crossed that Honda steps up for ya'.

kevoco333

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7
Country flag
One theory that I have read on one of the many threads re: compressor failure: The rubber seals are drying out during the colder months when the compressor isn't being used. I'm dreading the eventual day when the comp fails in my Civic. But, during the cooler months, I've tried to make sure I run the AC for a few minutes at regular intervals. We'll see. And fingers crossed that Honda steps up for ya'.
I would have to disagree with this theory based on my experience because the compressor in my 2018 HB was replaced due to leaking at 25,000 miles. I live in South Florida and we use our AC all year. But, I do think it is a good idea to run your AC at least once per week if you live in a cold climate.
Sponsored