Question for the Aircon vents

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
Hello..

Just wanted to check with you guys if your aircon vents (middle two) are blowing same air temperature?
For me, the middle right vent is blowing warmer air compared to the other one.

It is very noticeable in the range of 63-65 degress. with AC on and ECON on or off doesnt matter.

I brought it twice in two different dealer

- The first said they cannot reproduce the issue.
- The second (just today), the service advisor said yes he can feel the difference and accepted the car. After 6 hours of waiting.. he called and mentioned that they check and it is as expected. Frion is in the correct level.

Also, I do feel that sometimes, the aircon does blow warmer air compared to before, but I am not able to reproduce it at will.. :(

Is this behavior same with yours?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Unless you can use a temperature gun to prove it, I'm inclined to say the difference you're feeling is not "real".

Also, might be a terribly stupid question, but since you have dual-climate control, are they set to the same temperature?

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
Hi inv4zn,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Unless you can use a temperature gun to prove it, I'm inclined to say the difference you're feeling is not "real".

- IMO.. there is no need to use a temp gun.. as it can be felt easily. the service advisor also accepted that it is blowing warm air..

Is it same or different in yours?

Also, might be a terribly stupid question, but since you have dual-climate control, are they set to the same temperature?

- Yes, they are both same. Auto.

Thank

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I've never noticed a difference in mine, except when I have it in dual mode.
The temperature gun will give you definitive proof so you can get the issue warrantied. It's much easier to show the dealer that one side reads 60F while the other vent reads 90F.

I say this because usually the middle vents for dual-climate come from the same duct as the ones closest to the door for each respective driver/passenger.

It's very odd that only 1 of the 4 is blowing a different temperature air.

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
Hi Again..

So when I picked up my car yesterday, the service associate mentioned that it is normal and they also checked the Frion is as per expected. :(
They mentioned also that they compared it to other civic 2016 and it was same.. which is contradicting when I compared to my neighbor's civic ex 2016.

I will monitor and keep this thread updated.. once I return it. I will also try inv4zn suggestion to use temp gun:)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if there is some minor temp difference, but this is the first dual-zone car I've been in/owned (out of 4 in the family) that has consistently maintained set temp. The others I've constantly had to adjust up and down.

The Civic is like Ronco, set it and forget it baby

kebsso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hatchback sport
Hello..

Just wanted to check with you guys if your aircon vents (middle two) are blowing same air temperature?
For me, the middle right vent is blowing warmer air compared to the other one.

It is very noticeable in the range of 63-65 degress. with AC on and ECON on or off doesnt matter.

I brought it twice in two different dealer

- The first said they cannot reproduce the issue.
- The second (just today), the service advisor said yes he can feel the difference and accepted the car. After 6 hours of waiting.. he called and mentioned that they check and it is as expected. Frion is in the correct level.

Also, I do feel that sometimes, the aircon does blow warmer air compared to before, but I am not able to reproduce it at will.. :(

Is this behavior same with yours?

Thanks in advance!

i experienced this with my 2017 hatchback is there any follow up on whats happening or like what the dealer said?

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
When I pick it up last Wednesday and as per the service guy from the dealership.. my aircon is normal.. (second visit)

Just today.. I experienced that all vents are blowing not so cold air until 61.... I decided not to bring yet and will monitor over the weekend before bringing back to the dealership for the third time.

Actually I am hoping it get worse this weekend so they wont have excuse :(

kebsso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hatchback sport
When I pick it up last Wednesday and as per the service guy from the dealership.. my aircon is normal.. (second visit)

Just today.. I experienced that all vents are blowing not so cold air until 61.... I decided not to bring yet and will monitor over the weekend before bringing back to the dealership for the third time.

Actually I am hoping it get worse this weekend so they wont have excuse :(
because im thinking if i will bring my car to the dealer i have an appointment already but you know them sometimes they will say its normal now I notice one of the vents has a different temp than the other one but sometimes everything is the same so idk

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
because im thinking if i will bring my car to the dealer i have an appointment already but you know them sometimes they will say its normal now I notice one of the vents has a different temp than the other one but sometimes everything is the same so idk
please let me know :) I will monitor mine over the weekend and might bring on Monday if it gets worse..
Sponsored