What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sexy as fuck, boi! You know your gf feels a type of way when she says "wow, wish you'd smile that way when you see me." ? Took a month to get Amee (Si) repaired and i must say that it feels soooo good to be back behind the wheel; they even threw in a full detail. ?
20210716_132944-01.jpeg
20210716_133005-01.jpeg
20210716_132957-01.jpeg
what happened to it? either i forgot or missed it lol

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Not a “look like” post- but I need help peeps lol

I’m having a difficult time making myself “want” to spend money on the Si, not in a bad way- I just in general have a hard time spending my money (hard earned & deserved) on myself. Will happily drop a stack on the wife though (wtf right)?

Anywho- I do know this thing is quite and I like AWE products (had on my Focus ST), looking around $850 shipped from MAP. Could also grab a K-tuner instead, or finally buy a lip & springs….But again- regardless of what I decide, I’ll have a hard time pulling the trigger on the actual purchase

So I’m asking for people to tell me how awesome these parts are and how absolutely stupid I am for not buying them (yet) lmao ?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a “look like” post- but I need help peeps lol

I’m having a difficult time making myself “want” to spend money on the Si, not in a bad way- I just in general have a hard time spending my money (hard earned & deserved) on myself. Will happily drop a stack on the wife though (wtf right)?

Anywho- I do know this thing is quite and I like AWE products (had on my Focus ST), looking around $850 shipped from MAP. Could also grab a K-tuner instead, or finally buy a lip & springs….But again- regardless of what I decide, I’ll have a hard time pulling the trigger on the actual purchase

So I’m asking for people to tell me how awesome these parts are and how absolutely stupid I am for not buying them (yet) lmao ?
i dont have a lot done to my car but exhaust and tuning my car is on the list of things left tbh if you have the money to do it i say do it

also what kind of front lip are you wanting to get?

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
i dont have a lot done to my car but exhaust and tuning my car is on the list of things left tbh if you have the money to do it i say do it

Thats the issue regarding lip- I have a hard time finding A)- one I like B)-Spend a lot on something so simple/small.

Personally not a big fan of the GReddy lips, but the AeroFlow looks great IMO ($399). I have an “inside” source for the HFP Lip if I want to go that route (way cheaper) but not sure yet.

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag

Cant tell by zooming at your avatar/PP, which lip do you have?I actually don’t mind it (even though kind of looks like GReddy)?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats the issue regarding lip- I have a hard time finding A)- one I like B)-Spend a lot on something so simple/small.

Personally not a big fan of the GReddy lips, but the AeroFlow looks great IMO ($399). I have an “inside” source for the HFP Lip if I want to go that route (way cheaper) but not sure yet.
aeroflow is nice if i remember correctly one of the members in here has it but i forget who haha (sorry in advance) i remember it was a pain to put on because of no instructions but if you are wanting a more track look it would work best or the one from bayson r or procivic.

if you are wanting a more street car look id say hfp, greddy, ebay special, or the one i currently have

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cant tell by zooming at your avatar/PP, which lip do you have?I actually don’t mind it (even though kind of looks like GReddy)?
its from a guy off instagram his name is @darkfk7 i can get a link and send it to you later and yes it is a greddy style but cheaper and not as low

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 107

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will happily drop a stack on the wife though (wtf right)?

To your first point, IMO, no, not WTF at all. At the end of the day, a car is a simple, material object, not a person, a living, feeling, being with hopes and dreams, capable of providing real fulfillment that touches the core of our existence. I think the fact that we don't think twice on dropping inconsequential nonsense (AKA "money") to provide an experience that far outlives any ambiguous triviality makes perfect sense to me. When we're quiet, we know what's really important.

To your second point, it seems like you're asking people to help you go against a massive barrier in your own psyche. Why is that barrier there in the first place? And even if we did help you, how would you feel afterward? Reward and justified? Or guilty because you didn't listen to yourself?

Cars come and go, and the parts will always be there. She may never be. Enjoy both, but prioritize what's most important.

Just my $0.02. ?

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
its from a guy off instagram his name is @darkfk7 i can get a link and send it to you later and yes it is a greddy style but cheaper and not as low

107.png
Looks solid for sure- mind me asking what you paid (you don’t have to tell me lol).

The HFP option is cheapest (unless EBay route), It’s minimal but would suffice but I want to be happy not something to suffice lmao.

I’ve been wanting to pull the trigger on exhaust my last couple checks but it’s hard to spend almost 1K on something at once (on myself at least).

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
aeroflow is nice if i remember correctly one of the members in here has it but i forget who haha (sorry in advance) i remember it was a pain to put on because of no instructions...
Sounds like ME! Here's the thread where I provide what AeroFlow doesn't. ? Mar 17, 2021 ?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
To your first point, IMO, no, not WTF at all. At the end of the day, a car is a simple, material object, not a person, a living, feeling, being with hopes and dreams, capable of providing real fulfillment that touches the core of our existence. I think the fact that we don't think twice on dropping inconsequential nonsense (AKA "money") to provide an experience that far outlives any ambiguous triviality makes perfect sense to me. When we're quiet, we know what's really important.

To your second point, it seems like you're asking people to help you go against a massive barrier in your own psyche. Why is that barrier there in the first place? And even if we did help you, how would you feel afterward? Reward and justified? Or guilty because you didn't listen to yourself?

Cars come and go, and the parts will always be there. She may never be. Enjoy both, but prioritize what's most important.

Just my $0.02. ?
You’re 100% accurate with everything said my dude (Yoda?). It’s always been a challenge to spend money on myself that stems from past experiences. Wifey is always first, she knows I live & breathe for her!

Being 29 and having been able to make “decent” money IMO since I was 24 is a blessing. Parents kinda sorta took advantage of it & I have a huge heart so never looked at it that way. Took my wife and my sister to wake me up and next thing I knew I let them drain a huge chunk of my savings from consistently “helping” them. So since that time I’ve been hesitant to spend anything not essential but only on myself. So past financial issues/struggles is the issue and I’ve come to accept & realize that!

To your other point- always feel rewarded/happy after my purchase comes in, unless it’s a P.O.S unexpectedly lmao ?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks solid for sure- mind me asking what you paid (you don’t have to tell me lol).

The HFP option is cheapest (unless EBay route), It’s minimal but would suffice but I want to be happy not something to suffice lmao.

I’ve been wanting to pull the trigger on exhaust my last couple checks but it’s hard to spend almost 1K on something at once (on myself at least).
i paid 200 (i dont care about hiding prices lol you can ask about anything and ill prob tell you haha) and it is a solid lip buuuuut i had used self tappers at first and it fell off half way on the highway and got messed up a bit but i fixed that with high grade bolts and washers and drilled a lot of holes lol its not going anywhere now!

and the cheapest would be a ebay special style the one i had (until a tire chunk hit it) was only 50 bucks but! it was a ebay special for a reason its fitment was poor and it looked awful from certain angles.

ive wanted exhaust for along time but spending money on the car i always struggle with but i dont struggle at all to drop a grand or more on truck parts lol

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You’re 100% accurate with everything said my dude (Yoda?). It’s always been a challenge to spend money on myself that stems from past experiences. Wifey is always first, she knows I live & breathe for her!

Being 29 and having been able to make “decent” money IMO since I was 24 is a blessing. Parents kinda sorta took advantage of it & I have a huge heart so never looked at it that way. Took my wife and my sister to wake me up and next thing I knew I let them drain a huge chunk of my savings from consistently “helping” them. So since that time I’ve been hesitant to spend anything not essential but only on myself. So past financial issues/struggles is the issue and I’ve come to accept & realize that!

To your other point- always feel rewarded/happy after my purchase comes in, unless it’s a P.O.S unexpectedly lmao ?
1) Why do people keep comparing me to Yoda? "I know nothing." ? Moving on, interesting! Because of your past financial trauma, being taken advantage of, sounds like you're looking for permission to take a risk. If that's the case, as long as you have your finances in order (i.e. not putting yourself in debt, putting others or yourself in jeopardy, etc., which it sounds like you're not doing because people who do such things don't ask others for advice), then you're good to go have fun! ??

2) I feel that! Random Ebay parts, no thank you.
Sponsored