Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Dear all, I have a 2018 Si, and its 41k miles now, I'm wondering when did you all replace your first clutch?
Also what brand you prefer?
the link is the clutch kit I'm looking for
ACT Clutch kit w/ flywheel
Thereā€™s also the RV6 + Exedy flywheel and clutch kit thatā€™s super highly lauded. Basically gives you a stock TypeR clutch and flywheel at their Stage 0 kit.

I think the stock clutches are generally reliable at stock power levels, assuming they were not mistreated.

Reactions: JMM
OP
OP
Eniku_chien

Eniku_chien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thereā€™s also the RV6 + Exedy flywheel and clutch kit thatā€™s super highly lauded. Basically gives you a stock TypeR clutch and flywheel at their Stage 0 kit.
Hi, I did check with RV6, but the spec shown it only compatible with FK8

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have been running with the Clutch Masters FX350 and have 50,000 miles on my last refresh. I don't know what mileage people are getting with their FX350 clutch, but I'm letting mine ride until it slips. I kind of want to know the limit for the way I drive so I know when to anticipate a change later on. I only launch the car during autocross events, and usually pretty smooth on the street. It's a nice clutch for aggressive driving, but not very comfortable for a daily driver in the city. I commute on the highway, so it's fine for me. I hear the RV6 retrofit is the way to go for OEM feel. I got my kit when other kits were hard to get. Clutch Masters always seems to have stock on the shelves when I need a refresh kit, which is why I stuck with them.

Jpena87

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si coupe
Country flag
I'm currently at 197k miles on the stock clutch and still grabs great. I would do the fk8 retrofit from RV6 if you need to replace the clutch.

Woops my bad lol. I edited this to say I meant 197k miles. IDK why I wrote 297k
Sponsored

Last edited: