What month are the earliest hatchbacks?

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What month were first hatchbacks produced of this gen? It must have been late 2016 right?
Sponsored

NeedThatHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Mirage De coupe 2003
Country flag
Oh snap that means I should hurry up and save money for around August instead of December....damn. I was hoping to make use of the internet advice of christmas/end of year quota sales....Might as well settle with taking advantage of the end-of-model-year sales.

I really don't know what to hope for, a 2018 Hatchback with no significant improvements so I can buy my 2017 model just a bit cheaper....or a brand new 2018 model that fixes all the annoying things like the roof hump that hits the head of rear-seated passengers, adding usb ports or additional niceties for the rear passengers, a refined and sturdily made Sport Touring trunk floor etc (adding a volume knob to the touch screen doesn't count. According to a Honda salesman, Honda has already listened to the customers and has already employed that improvement in the CR-V. Although I didn't take a look myself to confirm if it was the exact same 7-inch screen. The Salesman seemed a bit un-knowledgeable. Assuming it's true i'm sure it'll find its way to the 2018 models).

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I took delivery of my Sport hatch in December '16 and at the time it had just been pulled off the boat.

So i'm sure it was probably months before ?

jackquelegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX, 2015 BMW 328i xDrive
Country flag
I took delivery on mine at the beginning of October last year

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Why don't you guys just check the sticker on the door jam for production month and year rather then guestimate it online?

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine has an August production date. Was one of the first to buy, first of Oct.