How responsive are the paddle shifters on the hatchbacks?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
I was sceptical of the paddle shifters at first as I've tried them on the Corolla S and didn't care for them. I have to say after a week of having them in the civic sport I like them.

I really only use them when slowing down. Also if you wanna turn off the paddle shifters you just hold the upshift button down for a few seconds and it turns off. I forget how many seconds but it's in the manual. I find it to be responsive and yeah I understand it's simulated gears but it downshifting does help slow the car for wrap around exits and such
Didn't know that, thanks !

WhiteHatchEX17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP civic EX hatch
Just bought a white ex hatchback and don't have paddle shifters . Not like it matters but where they standard on ex cvt?

Barticus520

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic sport touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only use it in ny traffic under like10mph it is useful unlike some ppl are saying. I would rather keep the engine closer to boost and use some engine braking instead of using the brakes.

It shifts quick but not instant, really only need it at low speeds though unless it is just for fun because sport auto mode keeps the engine in power in most conditions.

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
I recently had to rent a '16 Hundai Elantra which to my surprise featured a 6 spd shifter slot off to the left side of the regular CVT shifter. One of these push forward to change up, pull back to change down affairs. It worked very well and was satisfying to be able to choose a speed range for the motor to run at. It also returned to "1st gear" upon stopping no matter which gear you left it in. I actually wish Honda had included this feature on all CVT Civics, I mean, if Hundai can put it in an Elantra...
Sponsored