What are the chances???

TommiTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
So this past week has been kind of a freakish week for my poor little 17 Civic Touring. Last week I was taking a friend of my son home and a raccoon crossed the road in front of me (at night) and once it made it across the road it decided to commit suicide by Civic. There was a knot head tailgating me at a range of about 10' at 55MPH so I couldn't slam the brakes like I'd have liked to. That little ditty cost $1,150 (took out the front bumper cover, intercooler and radar sensing unit).

So, I get the car back from the Honda dealer body shop Thursday afternoon and enjoyed my car for less than 14 hours when this morning I hit a small deer on my way to the office! Are you kidding me? What are the chances? I'm beginning to think this car is jinxed like the 2000 Accord we owned. 5 accidents no fault accidents in 3 years (one I got T-Boned)!

The deer appears to have taken the hood and drivers side LED headlight assembly out. Can't wait to see what happens with my insurance after this. I hope nothing since they were comprehensive claims.

Someone PLEASE tell me a story that beats this one, I'm feeling kinda like I'm living under a dark cloud with this car and I'm bummed a bit...LOL!
Sponsored

Bolens999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Rallye Red 2017, Honda Accord V6 2004
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn't it be nice if you had dash cam installed?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Nahh. You just have shit luck

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
imagine if you didn't have full coverage insurance

OP
OP

TommiTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wouldn't it be nice if you had dash cam installed?
You know what craziest thing is, is that I literally just purchased one and it recived it earlier this week. I was going to give it its maiden run but was running late to get out of the house yesterday morning, I would have loved getting that on video. It's the 4th deer I've hit in my 35 years behind the wheel. My wife calls me the deer magnet.

OP
OP

TommiTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
imagine if you didn't have full coverage insurance
For sure. IF there is a silver lining to this dark cloud, when I financed the car there was a deductible reimbursement rider that I opted for. It covers any deductibles for collision or comp claims against my insurance for the life of my loan and it covers all cars that we own.

So, I'll have my deductibles covered AND we're going on vacation next week and the insurance is going to reimburse me directly for the rental of a loaner car which I can apply to our rental van on vacation. The car will be in the shop getting fixed for the week we're away. Not the way I'd have wanted it, but it looks like it'll work at this time. HOPEFULLY...
Sponsored