What is the best way to get 400 or close to 400 hp?

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
400/400 or close to that is a great roll race setup(what im running) but yes i have to run meth those setup arent track or to be abused
Agree, and yes for roll race is great setup, here mostly are running meth and having great power over 400 whp/400wtq in stock turbo and pump.
Sponsored

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
You can get 400 whp on 93 FBO , but the tune will be maxed out the Hpfp hitting 100% mostly time and the turbo will be running around 24 psi at top end and the WG will be less than 1mm ( not recommended) The timing also has to be very sharp. I have mine tuned like this for a couple months, running strong but I don’t know how long could last, maybe the turbo can fail or the worse a drop off pressure on the hpfp at wot .
The car has a crisp response in any rpm range , and puts the power down very well, I have tuned my torque tables correctly and I don’t use any VSA or traction control my car start in default R and Vsa fully off .
less than 1mm like this one ?

Honda Civic 10th gen What is the best way to get 400 or close to 400 hp? 20201031_105047

blacka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic type r
Country flag
No meth needed... just hondata custom tune , dp, intake, Ic and 93 gas can get you 400hp or very close.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Let me find the post before anyone quotes me on it, but I remember Hondata recently commented saying that they've found fueling parameters and EGTs don't have much to do with ECTs (even using Ethanol will not result in that much of a reduction) and that what seemed to be most directly linked to ECT increases is simply power output.
direct injection takes away alot of the cooling enhancements of port injection

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, will the stock ECU tune itself to 100 octane? Any idea? Any idea what HP/Tq one would get with a stock R (no tune) running race fuel?

I mean if the ECU is so smart as to tune itself to 100 octane and I only have to do it when I want and its going to give me something like 350WHP... like track day or once in awhile to find out... And if I don't tell my wife... :)

(edit: only 91 octane in AZ. Maybe some E85, but I know where 100 is!)
I live in AZ and the gas station at the Pavilions in Scottsdale used to have some pumps with higher octane / race fuel, probably still does.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I live in AZ and the gas station at the Pavilions in Scottsdale used to have some pumps with higher octane / race fuel, probably still does.
Thanks. Would make sense given all the car shows that happen there. Will take a look next time I'm in the area.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Thanks. Would make sense given all the car shows that happen there. Will take a look next time I'm in the area.
I'm in AZ as well and didn't notice much change with a 100/91 mix to target 95.

I did add flex fuel to my stock fuel system and mix to e25 or so.

Holy fucking shit it's awesome.
Sponsored