What is the best way to get 400 or close to 400 hp?

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
i would say for tuner and guy's who tune their car or are familiar with datalog/tune correction don't be crazy about the fact that you are only on the 91octane map ignition and be afraid to not making power on only 6-8deg of ignition!!

focus on more important:afr/cath temp/fuelpump/knock and boost?
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
You can get 400 whp on 93 FBO , but the tune will be maxed out the Hpfp hitting 100% mostly time and the turbo will be running around 24 psi at top end and the WG will be less than 1mm ( not recommended) The timing also has to be very sharp. I have mine tuned like this for a couple months, running strong but I don’t know how long could last, maybe the turbo can fail or the worse a drop off pressure on the hpfp at wot .
The car has a crisp response in any rpm range , and puts the power down very well, I have tuned my torque tables correctly and I don’t use any VSA or traction control my car start in default R and Vsa fully off .

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
You can get 400 whp on 93 FBO , but the tune will be maxed out the Hpfp hitting 100% mostly time and the turbo will be running around 24 psi at top end and the WG will be less than 1mm ( not recommended) The timing also has to be very sharp. I have mine tuned like this for a couple months, running strong but I don’t know how long could last, maybe the turbo can fail or the worse a drop off pressure on the hpfp at wot .
The car has a crisp response in any rpm range , and puts the power down very well, I have tuned my torque tables correctly and I don’t use any VSA or traction control my car start in default R and Vsa fully off .
i have to be agree on this one! 400whp on 93oct alone is a bit sketch ?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
more info about this?ive got many 400whp +datalog of fbo's/forged fk8 and g/s don't past 300
It's a theoretical calculation that applies to any engine because air is converted into energy and that energy conversion has a formula.

400hp requires about 270cfm, which is about the max of our MAF sensor and stock housing.

I'm not sure at what RPM this calculation is at though, being that horsepower is just a function of RPM and torque. @Centripetal would know, hes the theory wiz.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
more info about this?ive got many 400whp +datalog of fbo's/forged fk8 and g/s don't past 300
What @kefi said. It's too late for good explanation. I will circle back. It is a good rule of thumb.

I'm not sure at what RPM this calculation is at though, being that horsepower is just a function of RPM and torque. @Centripetal would know, hes the theory wiz.
This is mostly true. Some of it has to do with what the crank angle is at the highest pressure.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
It's a theoretical calculation that applies to any engine because air is converted into energy and that energy conversion has a formula.

400hp requires about 270cfm, which is about the max of our MAF sensor and stock housing.

this is why i asked more info because ^^ im in this same theory?

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Going back to egts.. TCR type r race teams fight with high EGTs. Honda said the water around headifold ports decrease EGT by 100f to protect the cat.

I don't have a egt probe but i do run my lambda at .78. (11.4 afr) Richer than anyone else ive seen. I would like to try and get to the track with stock cooling system to see if the coolant system capability is increased from not having to cool the higher egt of a stock tune or even some hondata tunes

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Going back to egts.. TCR type r race teams fight with high EGTs. Honda said the water around headifold ports decrease EGT by 100f to protect the cat.

I don't have a egt probe but i do run my lambda at .78. (11.4 afr) Richer than anyone else ive seen. I would like to try and get to the track with stock cooling system to see if the coolant system capability is increased from not having to cool the higher egt of a stock tune or even some hondata tunes
Interesting.

There's still a lot of heat in that area so it might have other purpose than cooling EGT.
Honda Civic 10th gen What is the best way to get 400 or close to 400 hp? 20201023-090236

It would be interesting to measure coolant temperature in and out of the various areas its routed.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
This was tuned in Florida, hot weather , stock intercooler, stock fuel pump, stock turbo.

Honda Civic 10th gen What is the best way to get 400 or close to 400 hp? NQXH2779.JPG

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Interesting.

There's still a lot of heat in that area so it might have other purpose than cooling EGT.
20201023-090236.jpg

It would be interesting to measure coolant temperature in and out of the various areas its routed.
Yeah, just my idea since exhaust gas creates most of the heat in the turbo, maybe would help take the tax off the system since I can run a rich afr unlike most people

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Let me find the post before anyone quotes me on it, but I remember Hondata recently commented saying that they've found fueling parameters and EGTs don't have much to do with ECTs (even using Ethanol will not result in that much of a reduction) and that what seemed to be most directly linked to ECT increases is simply power output.