Best way to shift the CTR (daily driving)

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The quickest you can get it out of first into second the better in my opinion. First gear is pretty limited in my Si and my old 05 EX.
Sponsored

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you are okay with a stock exhaust. Of course, no car made is as loud as the average motorcycle, and nobody gives them a hard time.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best way to shift the CTR (daily driving) motorcycle-moto

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Hey guys ! I’ve been reading the thread trying to get a handle on this car. I just traded In my si for the type r . This had 20k miles on it when I bought it. So I’ve noticed in first gear I don’t feel a lot of torque until I hit about 4K rpm’s. I hope I worded that right . My si I had alot of peppiness when pulling off in first gear with lower rpm’s. I was just wondering if there is a sweet spot to this car when getting it moving from a stop. Do you guys get it to 4K and quick shift to second ? And then what rpm’s do u take it to before shifting to 3rd. I know these cars are meant to be pushed . And does the mode I’m in make any difference . I really wish I could find out if they tuned this car. I do know the pherable tune switches power between the 3 modes . Any help or advice would be great! Thanks
Assuming its stock, you're gonna get the most response from the throttle in sport or R+ mode. Max torque should occur at 2500 RPM on paper, but sometimes the car doesnt seem to respond well especially in hot weather. What does the car indicate as far as boost when trying to accelerate fast?

FiveFingerCNTpunch

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 type R - 2020 civic si
Country flag
Assuming its stock, you're gonna get the most response from the throttle in sport or R+ mode. Max torque should occur at 2500 RPM on paper, but sometimes the car doesnt seem to respond well especially in hot weather. What does the car indicate as far as boost when trying to accelerate fast?
I’ll watch the boost gauge when I leave work in the morning . And post what it’s reading. Where is your gauge typically at when starting from a stop in 1st gear? The only mods on it are a PRL HV intake and awe track exhaust

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I’ll watch the boost gauge when I leave work in the morning . And post what it’s reading. Where is your gauge typically at when starting from a stop in 1st gear? The only mods on it are a PRL HV intake and awe track exhaust
Been a while since i did a hard pull but i'd say mid to high teens in cool weather is about the norm.

edit: actually, might be lower. usually when i pull i'm already out of first gear lol

Last edited:

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can never get my Si in first in double digits boost. Usually don't hit low to high teens till 2nd but mainly 3rd. After going 10-15 mph or so in first it feels like car wants to shift anyways.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Double post
Sponsored