What do you do for physical fitness or wellness?

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
I used to do weight training and cardio, but now I mainly walk 6.5 miles or more daily. How do you keep in shape? By the way the walking to doing pretty good for me, it’s not just a walk in the park for me, it’s fairly brisk. I’d like to run but my knees are not liking that.
Sponsored

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I used to do the weights some time ago, but found that is just too much for my body to handle over the long haul. But I found walking is the best exercise that I can do my whole life, and it also helps Keep the mind clear and in good shape. I used to run a whole lot in elementary school, especially sprints. But this has hurt my knees now that I’m older, and so my knees too don’t like the running

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My knees are shot too. I still lift moderate free weights, do resistance bands and some cardio.

I need to start walking.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My knees are shot too. I still lift moderate free weights, do resistance bands and some cardio.

I need to start walking.
While swimming in the 87 degree ocean in Philippines a few yrs ago, aside from some nice weight loss, my knee pain just completely melted away for a couple months until I returned back here.
My wife and I may relocate there in a few years after she obtains her cdn citizenship, mainly because of the lifestyle a westerner can have there. The country has its issues, but it really is a good place to get into shape and stay healthy, from my observations. The older we get, the more we see healthy living as the most important factor

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I stack boxes from floor to ceiling in the back of a truck for 10 hours a night typically moving anywhere from 15,000-40,000 lbs of product a night, pretty much all the physical fitness one could ask for. Best part is I get paid to do it too

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I used to ride my mountain bike a lot when I moved to Florida its flat no hills. After my knee injury at “ my wonderful place of employment “ three years ago 10 percent permanent damage. Physical therapy had me use resistance bands for my knee. So I use the resistance bands to work out every morning my body feels good. except my knee still locks up

BPF129

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol this thread made me sad because I used to be huge into lifting....but now I'm huge into lounging Ha Ha...got lazy after my surgeries a few years ago...I have intentions to get back into something at least though!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I stack boxes from floor to ceiling in the back of a truck for 10 hours a night typically moving anywhere from 15,000-40,000 lbs of product a night, pretty much all the physical fitness one could ask for. Best part is I get paid to do it too
I’ve been unloading and loading trucks since I was 17 now at 51 I sit at a desk with a out of date computer system and move trucks around believe me that work beats you up especially your back plus it gave. Me a bum knee

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Used to move boxes 8-9 hours a day and go to the gym on top of that. Got me into fantastic shape. Now, I walk every day, run a few miles every other day, bike occasionally, and hit the gym a couple times a week to lift. All that still doesn't overcome sitting at a desk all day now. I recently bought a desk cycle, and that's helping a lot.

OP
OP
1981CBX

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
I used to do the weights some time ago, but found that is just too much for my body to handle over the long haul. But I found walking is the best exercise that I can do my whole life, and it also helps Keep the mind clear and in good shape. I used to run a whole lot in elementary school, especially sprints. But this has hurt my knees now that I’m older, and so my knees too don’t like the running
Walking is great exercise, do you use a Fitbit to track your progress?

OP
OP
1981CBX

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol this thread made me sad because I used to be huge into lifting....but now I'm huge into lounging Ha Ha...got lazy after my surgeries a few years ago...I have intentions to get back into something at least though!
Try something as simple as walking. That’s if your doctor permits it. Using one of those fit bits will help you monitor your progress and gives you motivation. I walk a lot, it provides enjoyment, helps to ventilate foggy feeling and keeps you active. Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s not a work out, it is a work out.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to run a 5k every night, and gym 3-5 times a week (~1 hr lifting, 5k run, 15-20 minutes ab workout) and I was actively training parkour.

These days, run probably once or twice a week (3 miles), and weight training when I can. Currently the garage home gym is taken over by projects me and roomie have going on, so the free weights aren't currently accessible. I also have an annual hiking pass at Red Rock here in Vegas, so that helps a lot, too

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try something as simple as walking. That’s if your doctor permits it. Using one of those fit bits will help you monitor your progress and gives you motivation. I walk a lot, it provides enjoyment, helps to ventilate foggy feeling and keeps you active. Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s not a work out, it is a work out.
Walking at a good pace with good shoes really is one of the best exercise out there, especially if you have a destination. I use Reef Fanning sandals in the summer. Some friends would mock me in the past for it not being real exercise, but I totally disagree. We always need to be active and there is no easier movement. And I think it's a proven life extender. Aside from biking, I really don't feel happy/enjoymemt when doing any other activity. Well, maybe with the exception of one.
And no, I haven't used a Fitbit tracker
Sponsored