Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
3FD3A68D-C49D-4593-886E-EFA5865EC438.jpeg

81BFDDF8-EFDA-40E2-9C85-A2FA3514FA10.jpeg

Got the J’s Racing grille on. No badge more air 🤤 Will have to post more when light is better out.

I gotta say that's a first for me to see splitter rods mounted this way. What happens if you decide to part ways with the splitter or the splitter breaks?

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I gotta say that's a first for me to see splitter rods mounted this way. What happens if you decide to part ways with the splitter or the splitter breaks?
This was one of those smooth brain moments I had where I didn’t have a rivet gun to drill into the crash bar as I should have, but also wanted to take advantage of me having the car on the lift and doing it while doing the downpipe. When anything happens to the splitter I’ll just take the L and patch up the bumper haha. It has held up great so far. At least it’s in the bumper which is much more rigid than the black fog light trim I see most people drill into.

Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
Changed the oil, air filter,and transmission fluid today since the car just passed 30k.

Man am I slow at this stuff.

It took me an hour to get my stuff out and to get the car up on jack stands and level. Then it took three hours to do the work. Afterward it took me another 45 mins to get the car down and put all my crap away.

I’d starve as a mechanic! At least I enjoyed the nice day.

I DID find that even the shops that specialize in imports or performance cars don’t care for my car as well as I do.

To get to the transmission fill plug you have to remove the air box. The air box has only been removed one other time, when I had a company install my down pipe. I found that both retaining screws were loose and one of the clips securing the o2 (?) sensor wire had been broken. It kinda pissed me off to be honest, but there’s nothing I can do about it now, so staying mad won’t help.

Back when they did the work, they left one of the bumper clips out. I know because I found it in the cup holder on the way home. When I got home I went to put it back in, but found the holes didn’t line up. To make matters worse, I had to go back a week later because they didn’t remove one of the original gaskets when they replaced the down pipe (which they fixed at no charge obviously).

At the time I decided to let it go as a fluke, but I will have to think about it before taking anything to them again.

-bob

Last edited:

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Decided to do a little weight reduction by removing the rear subwoofer. The stock sound system in our cars is trash and to me it didn’t make a difference if it was there or not.

also allowed me to install the oem Fk8 trunk liner with dividers. I noticed this liner was made to be used without the spare tire kit but I don’t want to end up with a flat on the side of the road for hours waiting for a tow.

next up is glovebox light and removing the cup holders on the rear bench seat.
B3527693-131B-4CB8-A56F-B8159C95C121.jpeg
0B75E402-7FF0-4FF8-9D4B-168592707ABB.jpeg
Are you looking to sell the oem subwoofer with the enclosure?

ryyanjayy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
got a modified exhaust ticket the other day. Went through an underpass and the catless dp/fp went crazy.