What did you do to your Type R today?

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
If you downshift 2 or more gears it will rev match under 2k; it's just a lot slower. The only time this doesn't work is going into 1st gear. So a 4 -> 2 shift should always rev match, just a lot slower. I have read that it doesn't work if you're below 20 MPH though.

That said, the throttle spacer is very nice and definitely something I recommend for all Civics :p Do note that if you keep rev match on while doing the rev match yourself, the car will still hold revs for you which is very helpful if you want to ensure a smooth shift ;)
After installing it, I consider this to be a must have/day 1 mod. The last manual car I'd owned was my 2003 S2K and loved heel/toeing in that car.

I've noticed that it holds the rev but I can't keep thinking about whether rev-match will decide to engage or not when I brake to slow down to take a turn.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
After installing it, I consider this to be a must have/day 1 mod. The last manual car I'd owned was my 2003 S2K and loved heel/toeing in that car.

I've noticed that it holds the rev but I can't keep thinking about whether rev-match will decide to engage or not when I brake to slow down to take a turn.
I’ve kind of gotten into a groove with the rev match system. If I’m below 2200 RPM I’ll downshift two gears while if I’m above that I’ll downshift one gear. This ensure the rev match and rev holding will always kick in. That seems to work very well. Though I’ve also gotten into the habit of blipping the throttle anyways since it actually speeds up the time it takes to shift.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I installed the wooden Unity Performance shift knob and Acuity collar. Goodness gracious was getting that collar off a PIA! So glad I'll have the ability to switch knobs at a moments notice.
Thanks Jay! Let's see some pics :D

Yes, the Acuity Collar is much better to deal with than any OEM Honda Collars on the 10th Gen! I have the Cherry Lightweight + Black Collar in our CTR

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSC_2868.JPG

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Few pics from the September HPDE day on the Joliet Autobahn CC full course.

High 80's and the coolant temps were perfect after 30 minute sessions with the C&R street radiator & I/C and HKS oil cooler.

I've worn out my Carbotech XP12's after 3 days here...three 110+ mph straights per 3.5 mile lap.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? NVUS6916.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? NVUS4943.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Joliet Autobahn CC Full Track Ma

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Few pics from the September HPDE day on the Joliet Autobahn CC full course.

High 80's and the coolant temps were perfect after 30 minute sessions with the C&R street radiator & I/C and HKS oil cooler.

I've worn out my Carbotech XP12's after 3 days here...three 110+ mph straights per 3.5 mile lap.

NVUS6916.JPG
NVUS4943.JPG

Joliet Autobahn CC Full Track Map.jpg
Are you tuned or just running those bits for cooling and otherwise stock? Car looks great!

_silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Never understood this about rev matching below 2k. Is it just me or is their actually a use case to even need rev matching at RPMs that low?
When I'm slowing for a stop sign or pulling into a parking lot, to 2nd or 3rd gear at low speed. Which are the only times I ever want it to rev match for me and I get annoyed when it doesn't

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Amsoil oil change. Changed front pads to Akebono. Hope it helps with brake dust. So far I'm liking them.

Note: On the oil change this morning - I noticed some fresh oil on the back of the engine block. Damn. Gonna take it to Honda tomorrow to help diagnosis source. I already did my leaking valve cover last year. And I checked and doesn't seem to be any oil hiding back there by rear of valve cover.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 4F90AF6F-58F5-4D64-B76C-F663A6C146A1
Installed a Unit2 Fabrication oil pan.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? D07CC6F9-BA6B-4B03-BD24-CC5FA91D5B21
It’s a modified OEM oil pan with baffles and trapdoors installed to prevent oil starvation under hard track driving. Also has a port for an oil temperature sensor to be added in the future…

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 9109BC82-AB6A-4371-B5CA-948C5486FF6D
A pretty involved mod, requiring removal of several components beyond just the pan.

Full details can be found on my build journal if interested.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I curbed a wheel! So thats fun
...excuse to get some new really cool wheels? Totally kidding....sorry bro, hearing that makes me feel like I was kicked in the balls....ouch!!!

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
...excuse to get some new really cool wheels? Totally kidding....sorry bro, hearing that makes me feel like I was kicked in the balls....ouch!!!
Haha funny you mention that, my titan 7s are due to arrive on monday. I'm glad it wasn't them. I'll have to be more careful The car has only 450 miles on it, so I'm still get used to it.
Sponsored