First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
wash, wax, sealant...patiently waiting for UPS to drop off my springs

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? ECA545EB-2407-479E-84C4-0BC2B547DBA1

edit - @kamispeed ftw! shipped same day, arrived a day later and $50 cheaper than anywhere else ??

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? image

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? fk

Decided that having the rods mounted to the bumper didnt sit well with me. So one trip to the hardware store for brackets and bolts and a couple hours worth of work and I was able to get the rods mounted to the crash beam instead. Feel a lot better about this vs. the other way.

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Changed from my winter to summer tires. Long-range forecasts say that it’s not going to be going much below the mid-40s at night here, so this is the time. Have two sets of OEM wheels, actually three, and three sets of slightly worn OEM-size tires. The extra wheels and tires were acquired at reasonable prices from those who were moving on to something else for whatever their reasons might have been. Today, I inflated the original Continentals up to operating pressure, added a coat of Adam’s ceramic boost. Changed the wheels on the car, rotating based on measured wear, and torqued them down. The Pirelli Sottozero 3 winter tires in the OEM size are expensive but do what they’re supposed to do. So far, they’re wearing well. However, they are noisier than the Continentals; not surprising, don’t ride quite as well, and they have sort of a squirmy feel on the road, although they certainly don’t feel unsafe, just a different feel, most likely a combination of the difference in tread and tire compound. They have the right compound for below 0°C (Sottozero), 32°F, and a good tread for snow. However, that’s not so important with a 3.5”forward ground clearance, unless you want to do a lot of your own snow plowing with the car. Fortunately, here the local and regional authorities do a great job on snow clearance and in keeping potholes under control.

After remounting the summer tires and wheels, put the TPMS on Calibrate, took a 20 or so mile drive, and retorqued, no change, when I got back home. Great to be back on the Continentals and have that OEM Type R feel again, sticky, smooth, quiet, confident, what stock Type R daily driver handling is all about. Tomorrow will be thoroughly cleaning the winter tires and wheels, deflating them to about 20 psi, and putting them in their covers for summer storage. Next step in a few weeks the spring 3-layer wax job.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
The 140g knob might be a good replacement for the OEM knob. I think they’re about the same weight. The OEM might be a smidge smaller though.
Just completed the Weighted option, and they're all hovering around 134-138g :)

This was achieved by substituting the aluminum threaded insert with a stainless steel threaded insert. The weighted option definitely feels more beefy in the hands, and it's easier to throw into the next gear.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSC_2194.JPG

Personally I still prefer the lightweight option as it's more tactile-feeling, and it better ties with how Porsche intended for these to be in the 917, but of course now this will cater to all tastes!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSC_2193.JPG

Irrespective of the weight, the look and feel of either, plus not being affected by any weather change has made it such a treat to have in the car!

https://unity-performance.com/products/classic-wood-shift-knob-all-6mt-civic