What are these white spots under my paint?

SeanWPayton

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
I bought my '17 EX-T a month ago, and two weeks ago they sanded my bumper and re painted it due to there being holes drilled into it from being an out of state dealer trade (here in PA no front bumper is required). Me the idiot should just have bought bumper plugs and called it a day...but I let them sand and re paint my bumper. They did this in about two hours and sent me on my way. I've been extra careful to not get anything on it..but salt has been a problem with all the snow we've gotten.

Today was the first day I was able to wash my car and get a good look at the paint job. I noticed there are white spots under the paint that do not come off when washed. Does anyone know what they are and what I can try to get them out? Not sure if this is orange peel...or water spots baked into the paint. I haven't used any wax or anything as I've read you should wait 90 days before doing anything like that on a fresh paint t job (dealer told me 4 days..but I don't believe them). Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen What are these white spots under my paint? IMG_20180324_161942
Honda Civic 10th gen What are these white spots under my paint? MVIMG_20180324_161933

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looks like water spots to me. If its been on the car for a couple days then the sun will bake it into the paint. normal washes will not remove that. try mixing up a 50/50 mix of vineger and distilled water. try it on a small test area to see if it removes the stains.

OP
OP

SeanWPayton

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
looks like water spots to me. If its been on the car for a couple days then the sun will bake it into the paint. normal washes will not remove that. try mixing up a 50/50 mix of vineger and distilled water. try it on a small test area to see if it removes the stains.
Thank you. Is this safe to do just yet? It's only been painted about three weeks. Thanks!

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you. Is this safe to do just yet? It's only been painted about three weeks. Thanks!
i would wait for the appropriate amount of time for the paint to fully gas out, then try it out.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Yep, looks like hard water spots. If the water and vinegar method doesn't work, may need to go over it with a relatively light cut/ finishing polish to get them out.

OP
OP

SeanWPayton

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Yep, looks like hard water spots. If the water and vinegar method doesn't work, may need to go over it with a relatively light cut/ finishing polish to get them out.
Yeah, it didn't work. I'm taking it to the dealer to get it wet sanded and polished. It needed done anyway. Thanks guys!

OP
OP

SeanWPayton

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Get some protection on that car!
Believe me, I paid $500 for a Zurich coating on it. Unfortunately I was under the impression I had to wait 90 days after the paint job to wax or put anything on the bumper itself. I'm going to ask them to do the coating on the bumper after they wet sand it if possible.
Sponsored