BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Will iron spots appear on ceramic? Might want to ask them.
Btw you can have your water tested for free to make sure that is what the problem is. They will give you a run down on water hardness, Iron content and many other things.
Who will test the water for free?
If water spots appear on ceramic, I’m sure they will be easy to remove because they won’t etch into the clear coat as it’s protected.
Sponsored

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Im noticing a few of these dry water mark looking spots after I finish washing and drying my car. I tried to buff it out with some polish with no result. I have black fire water spot remover, but it didn’t help.

6BCC17E7-3EB2-463B-B8D5-25CD061379D0.jpeg
Are these spots on the plastic trim (spoiler) on the trunk lid / hatchback?

If the spots are on the plastic, I would go easy on abrasive products, and find products used for cleaning painted, plastic trim. A light polish is decent for removing fine swirl marks, but applying too much pressure can remove some of the paint. There is a plastic polish called Plexus, which is usually sold in motorcycle shops, which is very good for cleaning and polishing sensitive plastics (expensive though).

This is just something to consider.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are these spots on the plastic trim (spoiler) on the trunk lid / hatchback?

If the spots are on the plastic, I would go easy on abrasive products, and find products used for cleaning painted, plastic trim. A light polish is decent for removing fine swirl marks, but applying too much pressure can remove some of the paint. There is a plastic polish called Plexus, which is usually sold in motorcycle shops, which is very good for cleaning and polishing sensitive plastics (expensive though).

This is just something to consider.
This one was on the spoiler. They are type 2 water spots meaning etched into the clear coat. I tried the Black fire water spot removal (acid free) and it doesn’t work. It needs a cutting pad. The whole is going to get the paint correction treatment and ceramic coating. I don’t have the tools or garage to do it.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Who will test the water for free?
If water spots appear on ceramic, I’m sure they will be easy to remove because they won’t etch into the clear coat as it’s protected.
The state will test it for free. Talk to someone at a plumbing supply store and they will help you with it. I've had it done twice.
I've never used ceramic coating but I bet it's not a cure all. I have heard a lot of good things about it. One downfall I've heard is it can't be buffed/ polished? My problem has been it is stuck in my glass, chrome parts around my windows still. Buffed it out of the black shiny parts in the front and rear and it looks perfect.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
New spots who dis?? Now these look like tiny grains of rust. What the hell is going on??

0BC794DE-3C09-48D6-8598-5411101D9721.jpeg
Do you live or work near any industrial areas with chimneys? I had this issue back in 2010 and realized it was the crap getting pumped out from the factories near where I worked. Other employees checked their cars and had the same issue. The culrpit company ended up putting new filters and it stopped.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you live or work near any industrial areas with chimneys? I had this issue back in 2010 and realized it was the crap getting pumped out from the factories near where I worked. Other employees checked their cars and had the same issue. The culrpit company ended up putting new filters and it stopped.
No, I’m in south Florida. I just got the car ceramic coated so problems should be a thing of the past
Sponsored