BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Im noticing a few of these dry water mark looking spots after I finish washing and drying my car. I tried to buff it out with some polish with no result. I have black fire water spot remover, but it didn’t help.

Honda Civic 10th gen What are these spots ? 6BCC17E7-3EB2-463B-B8D5-25CD061379D0
Sponsored

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure look like water spots. If they don't come out with the remover, could be that they already etched the paint and you would have to polish them out.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sure look like water spots. If they don't come out with the remover, could be that they already etched the paint and you would have to polish them out.
Damn. Do I need like a porter cable or can it be done by hand?

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Im noticing a few of these dry water mark looking spots after I finish washing and drying my car. I tried to buff it out with some polish with no result. I have black fire water spot remover, but it didn’t help.

6BCC17E7-3EB2-463B-B8D5-25CD061379D0.jpeg
Are you on well water? I am and that's what my iron spots look like. Mine were a lot worse than that. They do make iron remover for cars. No doubt a pita! I just put a new iron filter for my house last fall and no more problems.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
That has the same look my car has when bird poops on it. I try to immediately get the poop off because of this exact issue. I've been bombed before at work on a hot day and not had a chance to clean it off until that evening and had bad spots just like that. Luckily with some elbow grease I've been able to remedy the spot but if it stayed a while I could bet id struggle reversing it.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
New spots who dis?? Now these look like tiny grains of rust. What the hell is going on??

Honda Civic 10th gen What are these spots ? 0BC794DE-3C09-48D6-8598-5411101D9721

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
City water. Do you have issues with stained toilet, tub or anything like that? Stains would look like rust.
Yeah i do see some of that there. Is there a hose attachment I can get that removes the iron ?

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Yeah i do see some of that there. Is there a hose attachment I can get that removes the iron ?
Not that I know of but there may be. I bought a new whole house system to replace my 20 year old one last year. But I got a ton of stains before that and some are still in my glass. I buffed/ polished with a random orbit yesterday and a very fine polish compound and the paint looks great now. Keep us posted..

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not that I know of but there may be. I bought a new whole house system to replace my 20 year old one last year. But I got a ton of stains before that and some are still in my glass. I buffed/ polished with a random orbit yesterday and a very fine polish compound and the paint looks great now. Keep us posted..
Think I’ll start with claybar, iron x, paint correction, sealant. I have a friend who will let me use his garage for the day

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Think I’ll start with claybar, iron x, paint correction, sealant. I have a friend who will let me use his garage for the day
That's a great plan of attack and should get rid of it and your car will look fantastic after. Hopefully you can find a way to clear up your water in an inexpensive way. Mine is so bad pre filter it looks like a glass of beer.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's a great plan of attack and should get rid of it and your car will look fantastic after. Hopefully you can find a way to clear up your water in an inexpensive way. Mine is so bad pre filter it looks like a glass of beer.
On second thought, one known detailer is gonna hook me up with a ceramic coating (2 year version) with complete paint correction, clay, iron removal etc for $500. Can’t pass this up

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
On second thought, one known detailer is gonna hook me up with a ceramic coating (2 year version) with complete paint correction, clay, iron removal etc for $500. Can’t pass this up
Will iron spots appear on ceramic? Might want to ask them.
Btw you can have your water tested for free to make sure that is what the problem is. They will give you a run down on water hardness, Iron content and many other things.
Sponsored