Weather tech vs Husky vs other ideas

tcarson84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport
Well the title pretty much says it all. Looking for a good winter/spring floor mat. I'll prob just end up using all year tho. But anyways I have the hatch back sport. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which fit better and also if I could just buy the front ones? I saw on another post someone said the weather tech had a gap between liner and door. So any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I got the Husky liner for my hatchback, and it works just fine. I wanted something with more coverage than the OEM weather mats. The Husky liners are not cheap ($140 for front/back set). Unfortunately if you select the Hatchback model under Civic (Link), you can only buy the set. Also, check out this thread.

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I picked up Weathertech and I'm a big fan. The front driver's side is not an absolute perfect fit, there is a gap next to the door but it is small and only in one certain part of the liner. The back seat fits like a glove. I haven't seen the Husky liners so I just had to go with my gut when I was deciding between the two. Plus, with Weathertech you can buy the front and back separately.

mattmus4357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX-P
I just put the Husky liners in my '16 coupe. Purchased from AutoAnything, and you can use the 20% off discount code that you receive when you sign up for the newsletter. Price came out to $112.

So far I have no complaints. They're deep, sturdy, and offer great coverage for both the front and back.

chasexway

Almost Stock & Enjoys Other People's Mods!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red 2016 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Well the title pretty much says it all. Looking for a good winter/spring floor mat. I'll prob just end up using all year tho. But anyways I have the hatch back sport. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which fit better and also if I could just buy the front ones? I saw on another post someone said the weather tech had a gap between liner and door. So any help would be appreciated.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332039974761
I bought these for my civic and it looks really clean! That's just my personal taste. When i was young and single i would choose some weathertech with dark colors to ensure i'm masculine. I use the same material for all my cars. My '16 sienna has the same thing. The seller laser cut to your specific car perfectly, and it's fraction of the price of weathertech or other macho brands.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've owned both. I'm sticking with Husky Liners going forward. They are cheaper, still made in the US, and the nubs on the bottom hold it in place way better.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I picked up Weathertech and I'm a big fan. The front driver's side is not an absolute perfect fit, there is a gap next to the door but it is small and only in one certain part of the liner. The back seat fits like a glove. I haven't seen the Husky liners so I just had to go with my gut when I was deciding between the two. Plus, with Weathertech you can buy the front and back separately.
I got the weathertechs. Both fronts and back fit perfectly (the back is one piece and also covers the hump). The only thing with mine is the passenger side moves around a bit (mostly when people get in/out of the car) because it isn't anchored like the driver side. I put a thin sheet textured rubber under it, and it works great.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I got the husky liners at a nice discount online. The rear fits perfectly and I like the way it is just one piece. The fronts also fit very well. I'm quite pleased with my purchase. Weathertech are very nice but not worth the extra cost (IMO).

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
I got the Husky for both back and front. The back fit perfectly, but the front two pieces does not fit, and leave gaps because it bend on the sides. I tried to call Husky but no avail. Should have get a set of Weathertech instead.

Yosemite Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I got the Husky for both back and front. The back fit perfectly, but the front two pieces does not fit, and leave gaps because it bend on the sides. I tried to call Husky but no avail. Should have get a set of Weathertech instead.
Nobody ever listens to Yosemite Sam :rofl:

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
I'll post pics when I get out of class later. :(

carluchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan / 2018 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I received the WeatherTechs as a gift from my wife.

The trunk liner fit perfect, the rear fit perfect, the drivers side fit perfect, the passenger side fit ... like crap. Not only does the passenger side stick up, the mat itself does not sit flat on the floor because of the cover for the frame serial number. This causes the mat to move when people get into or out of the car because there are also no 'nubs' on them to hold them in place. It's almost like they sent the wrong mat so I called and they confirmed I got the correct passenger side mat.

At first I thought I was over reacting, so I asked my wife to get into the passenger side and the first thing that happened was she hit the part of the mat the sticks out with her foot. For the amount of money they cost, I decided I wasn't dealing with that so I called back and explained my concern. WeatherTech was very apologetic and sent return labels and refunded the purchase price (minus shipping).

I then got the Husky's which although do not go as high as the WeatherTechs, fit perfectly all around including on the passenger side. Until WeatherTech re-casts their passenger side mats, I would not recommend them for the 10th gen Civics.

Honda Civic 10th gen Weather tech vs Husky vs other ideas 5fc6a628-0dd1-49f0-bb3e-4d7d206c6f49_zpsnqsiptzr

Honda Civic 10th gen Weather tech vs Husky vs other ideas IMG_20170116_151338_zpsjfzbhrbx

Yosemite Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I received the WeatherTechs as a gift from my wife.

The trunk liner fit perfect, the rear fit perfect, the drivers side fit perfect, the passenger side fit ... like crap. Not only does the passenger side stick up, the mat itself does not sit flat on the floor because of the cover for the frame serial number. This causes the mat to move when people get into or out of the car because there are also no 'nubs' on them to hold them in place. It's almost like they sent the wrong mat so I called and they confirmed I got the correct passenger side mat.

At first I thought I was over reacting, so I asked my wife to get into the passenger side and the first thing that happened was she hit the part of the mat the sticks out with her foot. For the amount of money they cost, I decided I wasn't dealing with that so I called back and explained my concern. WeatherTech was very apologetic and sent return labels and refunded the purchase price (minus shipping).

I then got the Husky's which although do not go as high as the WeatherTechs, fit perfectly all around including on the passenger side. Until WeatherTech re-casts their passenger side mats, I would not recommend them for the 10th gen Civics.

Honda Civic 10th gen Weather tech vs Husky vs other ideas 5fc6a628-0dd1-49f0-bb3e-4d7d206c6f49_zpsnqsiptzr

Honda Civic 10th gen Weather tech vs Husky vs other ideas IMG_20170116_151338_zpsjfzbhrbx
I am not having that issue with my Weathertech liners on the passenger side! I will try to get photos though to see, no complaints from any passengers so far!

Last edited:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
My Weathertech liners don't fit that well, but can't say how they compare to the others.
Sponsored