understanding ignition and timing

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
hi guys, just recently touching base with learning about our engines ignition and timing. from looking at just the ignition base table, i have also read there are other tables in the background that help calculate final ignition values and i was wondering if we have access to these tables and what are they called?

looking on the ktuner help page about ignition and timing and how it is calculated it mentions something called 'knock ignition limitation value' is this just another word for 'knock control' ? my other question to this is through my logs i notice in certain areas that the knock retard in my data list jumps to sometimes 6.5.?? looking at the help manual example i am understanding it as follows:

say my ignition table value is 17.0 and my knock control is .59 then my knock retard is 2, in order to work out if my ignition base tables highlighted value is correct i would do the sum of

... 17 +5.9 (.59 x 10) - 2 = 20.9 so i would change my value in my table from 12.5 to 12.4. is that correct?? sorry if i have understood it wrong.

cheers!

Honda Civic 10th gen understanding ignition and timing ktuner ignition base table
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The advice for calculation in the help applies to older platforms we support. While there are some similarities in the logic, that help topic is not directly applicable to CivicX.

You can use the Ignition Base table to alter final timing. Knock control will still apply its applicable ignition retard. You do not have access to several other tables that play a role.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
The advice for calculation in the help applies to older platforms we support. While there are some similarities in the logic, that help topic is not directly applicable to CivicX.

You can use the Ignition Base table to alter final timing. Knock control will still apply its applicable ignition retard. You do not have access to several other tables that play a role.
hi ktuner,

thank you for clearing that up sorry i thought it applied to civic x platform. so putting that aside, how do i monitor to make sure my ignition and timing is okay from using the data logs i.e what should i look out for? high amounts of knock retard?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
You can use the knock control value as an overall indication of the quality of your fuel and how the engine is running with your environmental factors. You have the ignition value to monitor as well.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
You do not have access to several other tables that play a role.
How can I (or someone) get access to those or other hidden tables?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
How can I (or someone) get access to those or other hidden tables?
To gain access to the Hidden Tables you need first to reach at least the fifth of The Seven Levels of Consciousness, master The Seven Factors of Enlightenment, and defeat the Five Hindrances. After you gain the Tantric Knowledge the veil will start to be removed from your eyes.
Sponsored