understanding boost table

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
sorry if this question has already been answered but could someone explain to me what each boost line represents on my table? does the outer line represents WOT? ive posted a photo to help me explain what i am looking it. i want to adjust the table just to reduce lower end so its not as agressive. by no means am i trying to add boost.

thanks,

Honda Civic 10th gen understanding boost table ktuner boost table 1
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's your boost target table. It's showing the max boost target at the various rpm levels.

You obviously can lower the boost at lower rpm using this table if you want but you can also use boost by gear to reduce psi in the lower gears for a similar effect.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's your boost target table. It's showing the max boost target at the various rpm levels.

You obviously can lower the boost at lower rpm using this table if you want but you can also use boost by gear to reduce psi in the lower gears for a similar effect.
gtman thanks for pitching in! yes i understand its my target table, but lets say i wanted to reduce the 21psi target at 3500rpm so i dont peak until 4500rpm if you catch my drift? do i highlight all the map trace from -5.2 and all across to -0.2 ? i guess what my question is im not sure what the other 6 lines represents (highlighted) as are they targeted when im at different atmos pressures?

Honda Civic 10th gen understanding boost table ktuner boost table 1

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
gtman thanks for pitching in! yes i understand its my target table, but lets say i wanted to reduce the 21psi target at 3500rpm so i dont peak until 4500rpm if you catch my drift? do i highlight all the map trace from -5.2 and all across to -0.2 ? i guess what my question is im not sure what the other 6 lines represents (highlighted) as are they targeted when im at different atmos pressures?

ktuner boost table 1.jpg
You are correct. Each line is for a different atm pressure (that topmost line is actually a bunch of lines stacked on top of each other). Probably makes more sense if you view the 3D plot. But yes, just select all the cells you want to modify and reduce them by whatever you want. Keep in mind you typically want a somewhat smooth increase and not some sudden jump from one RPM row to the next.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You are correct. Each line is for a different atm pressure (that topmost line is actually a bunch of lines stacked on top of each other). Probably makes more sense if you view the 3D plot. But yes, just select all the cells you want to modify and reduce them by whatever you want. Keep in mind you typically want a somewhat smooth increase and not some sudden jump from one RPM row to the next.
Cheers man! Okay cool well i notice that my engine tends to always be on the top line which is always the highest values. Yes i agree i dont want a sudden surge of power so ive dialed everything below 4500rpm so i dont peak to early and it feels better because im using alot more of the rev range :D but it takes a little more time to ramp up so if i use the agressive ramp that should help a bit right? Im just trying to set up my ideal sport mode for my driving style as i felt the basemap felt flat after 3500rpm.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Boost ramp is basically adjusted to hit the target quicker in high throttle situations.

If you want more liveliness under part throttle, make the turbo responsiveness setting more aggressive.

And remember that if you have early spool enabled, it will feel more aggressive down low but will tend to feel less so up top.

One last thing. Personally, I would taper power up starting a bit earlier than 4500 rpm. More like 4000 tops, maybe even 3500.

AdamSI

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
i did the same thing with my SI on the MAP stage 1 tune for the clutch. 17psi until 4,500rpm then after 18, 19 psi flat. its great :)
Sponsored