First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s how I have mine wired. Flip up to R mode. and it’s in sport mode.
Apologies. Now I fully read your post.
Up is sport and up is off sport.
You could I suppose if it had a three way switch but I does not. Hence the 5 posts.
I’m not that savvy with 12 volt. Sorry
Sponsored

Si_HFP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic HFP Coupe
Country flag
That’s how I have mine wired. Flip up to R mode. and it’s in sport mode.
To turn sport mode off though do you press up again or do you press down to comfort? (Based on your and @TonyTheTiger57 i believe the former is the situation).

I was wondering if it were possible to have a downward press be the action to turn sport off almost like you are essentially switching between two driving modes, sport and comfort. I realize this would purely be an OCD thing, but I like the idea of maintaining some sort of function of the “comfort” downward switch action.

Si_HFP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic HFP Coupe
Country flag
Apologies. Now I fully read your post.
Up is sport and up is off sport.
You could I suppose if it had a three way switch but I does not. Hence the 5 posts.
I’m not that savvy with 12 volt. Sorry
No worries that what I was thinking, but figured I’d ask. I’m guessing it would be fairly complicated to accomplish, but maybe not if you know what you’re doing (unlike myself).

i wonder what would happen if you wired all 5 pins, but spliced the “mode up” and”mode down” wires together. I feel like maybe you would now be able to turn sport on and off by either pressing the switch up (+R) and down (comfort). If that did work though I suspect that it would cycle sport on and off regardless of which way the switch was toggled. So it would sort of work the way I want but not completely. The trick would be to figure out a way such that pressing the mode up or down would only work if the car were not already in sport or not in sport, respectively.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason Baker

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To turn sport mode off though do you press up again or do you press down to comfort? (Based on your and @TonyTheTiger57 i believe the former is the situation).

I was wondering if it were possible to have a downward press be the action to turn sport off almost like you are essentially switching between two driving modes, sport and comfort. I realize this would purely be an OCD thing, but I like the idea of maintaining some sort of function of the “comfort” downward switch action.
Correct!
Yeah it may be possible but we are taking a switch out of a CTR so 2 to 3 modes is likely more than just a switch issue. Probably tied to the ECU in some way as well. I just don’t know.

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't wire mine up yet :) .. but that was my assumption also and I was going to wire mine just like you said. It just needs that momentary on and off to trigger what I feel in my mind in a toggle or like a contact in a relay to turn it on and off.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
If you wire both the +R button and comfort button to the same pin, hitting either should switch between sport/comfort. Then you can you use up for Sport and down for Comfort. I don't think you'll need a diode either for each circuit, because it *should* be broken when the switch isn't connected

fbo FC3 '17

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX FC3
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Mode Switch in Si IMG-0991

Succesfully got this installed and wired up in about 15 minutes or less!
Huge shoutout to @Jason Baker for offering help and advice upon me reaching out to him!

I have zero experience with wiring, I mean zero.

If you are looking to do this I strongly recommend you buy these wires as it makes this virtually plug and play. They are about $12
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Mode Switch in Si Amazon.com_ Breadboard Jumper Wires Male to Female 4'' Length 0.1'' Square Head 100-Pack 10 Co

(Link to EXACT wires I used on this install,): 24AWG
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJSPF7P?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

(Follow Jason's wiring instructions exactly the same)
Connect the female end to the pins on the Type R switch, make sure to oreint the switch the same way in Jason's picture and note wires 1-4; I used the same colors as the OEM wires to minimize confusion.
Connect the male end of the wires to the holes on the OEM male blue connector as Jason's instructions state.

Here are some pics from the install:
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Mode Switch in Si IMG-0982

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Mode Switch in Si IMG-0983

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Mode Switch in Si IMG-0985

OP
OP
Jason Baker

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's pretty slick homie! Now you can wire all sorts of shit on your own. ;)

jello67890

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
If you wire both the +R button and comfort button to the same pin, hitting either should switch between sport/comfort. Then you can you use up for Sport and down for Comfort. I don't think you'll need a diode either for each circuit, because it *should* be broken when the switch isn't connected
This!
According to the Type-R schematic, wiring #3=white and #4=blue together would make the switch on/off, either way you toggle it.

OP
OP
Jason Baker

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This!
According to the Type-R schematic, wiring #3=white and #4=blue together would make the switch on/off, either way you toggle it.
DIng Ding Ding

You are correct sir. We didn't expect it to actually work or change the car directly to a CTR.

Just a cool little thing.

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I finally got my lazy ass around to making this switch work both ways. Up or down does the same thing, But I flip it up to activate and down to deactivate. Now it is not just up on and up off. I have had the switch unplugged while I added the HFP suspension, I added everything but the Module for a while until I felt like taking my back seat apart to install the module.
Sponsored