PvPSloo

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So question, I am going to be installing the “PRL Cobra Race Intake” and I’m wondering if the base map tune will work? I have the “TSP Stage 1 tune” already but I don’t have 91 oct in the tank right now and won’t be able to get any due to the weather here right now. So can I install the base map tune that take’s 87 oct for right now and use the “Race” MAP or do I need to wait and get 91 and upload the “TSP Stage 1” and then install the intake?

Let me know what you guys think/recommend.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So question, I am going to be installing the “PRL Cobra Race Intake” and I’m wondering if the base map tune will work? I have the “TSP Stage 1 tune” already but I don’t have 91 oct in the tank right now and won’t be able to get any due to the weather here right now. So can I install the base map tune that take’s 87 oct for right now and use the “Race” MAP or do I need to wait and get 91 and upload the “TSP Stage 1” and then install the intake?

I wouldn't run tsp on 87. Wait until you can put in at least 91 first

Once you have 91, you can run it without the race MAF. Just remember to reflash with race MAF clicked on when you install

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag

Check TSP's website to be sure but i believe it is stated in the description of the tune that it requires 91+

OP
OP
PvPSloo

PvPSloo

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I wouldn't run tsp on 87. Wait until you can put in at least 91 first

Once you have 91, you can run it without the race MAF. Just remember to reflash with race MAF clicked on when you install
So what do I install until I have 91/93? Does the intake come with both street/race?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what do I install until I have 91/93? Does the intake come with both street/race?
The race intake is bigger than the stock intake and needs a tune to account for the airflow difference. You shouldn't tune until can run the best fuel available

So, I wouldn't do either until you can get better gas

OP
OP
PvPSloo

PvPSloo

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The race intake is bigger than the stock intake and needs a tune to account for the airflow difference. You shouldn't tune until can run the best fuel available

So, I wouldn't do either until you can get better gas
Okay gotcha, thank you!! I wasn’t sure if maybe one of the base map tunes or pre loaded tunes would work on the intake.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Like 86salmon said, you really don't want to run any aftermarket Si tune on 87 and certainly not the TSP 1.

I know you're excited to play with your new toys so maybe just take a nice long drive when the weather improves to use up your 87. :cool:

While you're waiting to tune there are some great tuning threads here to check out and learn from. My signature has a link to one of them.

OP
OP
PvPSloo

PvPSloo

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Like 86salmon said, you really don't want to run any aftermarket Si tune on 87 and certainly not the TSP 1.

I know you're excited to play with your new toys so maybe just take a nice long drive when the weather improves to use up your 87. :cool:

While you're waiting to tune there are some great tuning threads here to check out and learn from. My signature has a link to one of them.
I don’t think you could have said it any better lmao
Sponsored