GTA1977

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys, I have the Ktuner base map 19.5/23 psi and are looking for some personal experience input comparison between this and the TSP Stage 1 tune. If you guys could give me specifics such as max boost in map 3, and powerband characteristics comparison between the two tunes, I would greatly appreciate it. Looking to add some power to the car, and are curious about this tune. I am getting a downpipe and intake in the next few months as well.
Sponsored

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got ktuner today and loaded base map 19.5/23 (awesome over stock! noticed stock boost guage only hit 21? not sure if that means im hitting 21 or it just doesnt read higher)

I got an email from tsp twenty minutes ago with their stage one, Ill go for a drive after rush hour and update you on a direct comparison to the base ktuner map by midnight

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
also, mine is bone stock, TSP WEBSITE RECOMMENDS ONLY USING (basically) AN INTAKE THEY APPROVE OF- they word this as 'high quality'

my honest advice is just do a kn filter and your downpipe. Aftermarket intake caused so many headaches on my evox, to the point where i couldnt stand it and just said "fugg it" and traded it for a bone stock sti that stayed stock.

just my experience, but look at my sig, I have a lot of it. Boosted cars are sensitive to anything that like...changes even a molecule of O2's distance from or velocity across the MAF sensor to intake. point is, its not worth it. youll hear the turbo spool up really loud (ill admit its cool af) but get like...8 hp? heed my warning or do it right (by that i mean custom dyno tune, carefully planned and not $$ conservatively spent modding)

OP
OP

GTA1977

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just got ktuner today and loaded base map 19.5/23 (awesome over stock! noticed stock boost guage only hit 21? not sure if that means im hitting 21 or it just doesnt read higher)

I got an email from tsp twenty minutes ago with their stage one, Ill go for a drive after rush hour and update you on a direct comparison to the base ktuner map by midnight
With the 19.5/23 map I am seeing 23/24 psi in Sport mode

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

The Ktuner base maps are much better than stock, but the TSP stage 1 tune is a much better tune and holds power all thru most of the power band. I used the Ktuner 19/21 base map for about 2 weeks and switched back to the TSP tune and staying there

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Both tunes are great imho. Not a huge fan of the aggressive throttle/fuel cutoff but I got used to it, I just take it out of gear a little more often. I appear to be running slightly lean on TSP's tune but STFTs and LTFTs are within 15% so nothing crazy. Notice myself hitting 25PSI doing WOT sometimes, hella fun. Seems like TSP is slightly more aggressive than KTuner but my clutch is holding up so far, so no complaints other than as stated.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ran the ktuner base 19.5/23 and it was fun. I was seeing around 24psi peak then it would drop to about 22psi in sport. I got the tsp1 and it is a totally different animal on that map in sport. I've seen peak of 27psi then drops and maintains 25psi in sport. Doing the little vsa cheat code and it starts to lose a little traction just punching it in 2nd. You wont be disappointed if you go tsp1. once you hit 3000rpm, the power just comes in but not much after 5000rpm. Mine is bone stock except for a prl stage 1 intake.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're big power difference starts showing up in the upper couple thousand RPMs. It makes winding the engine out towards redline more rewarding and if you do, so the car noticably faster. The 23# basemap is punchy and has good midrange but peters out over 5000 RPM badly... where you should be making peak power. TSP holds this power and improves on it. Just kicking around in town going 2000-4000 RPM? They aren't drastically different. Get on an onramp to merge and rev it out to redline... TSP Stage 1 will be noticably quicker.

You can see where the TSP starts to separate at 3000 RPM and then get a wider delta up top. That's what you're buying.

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 1 vs Ktuner 19.5/23 TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (2)

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can see where the TSP starts to separate at 3000 RPM and then get a wider delta up top. That's what you're buying.

TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (2).png
this helped put it into terms that made me understand what i bought- thank you!

I was liking the 'punchiness' of the ktuner 19/23 map more, but did try 2nd 3rd gear WOT pulls on TSP again (this time on an on-ramp and all the way to redline [almost] and definitely notice what youre talking about. ty again)

OP
OP

GTA1977

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for the write up guys, that's what I was looking for. I feel like the base map is mostly felt between 3000-5000 rpm and then fizzles out.

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
I got a ktuner at the same time I changed my intake, fp/dp. I never used a base tune. Had Vit's, tsp, map, then got etuned. Upgraded the entire way, but the etune is the key. Never been dyno tuned. The tune I got from map was shit.

OP
OP

GTA1977

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
How do you guys find the clutch holding up? I don't do hard launches, and don't go WOT in 5th or 6th unless over 3k.

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I've been running TSP stage 1 since March. No issues with the clutch whatsoever

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you guys find the clutch holding up? I don't do hard launches, and don't go WOT in 5th or 6th unless over 3k.
I've been fine since July '18. WOT at 3000 RPMs in 5th or 6th... I still downshift. That would be about 80 mph in 6th... something a bit slower in 5th. The top of 4th is 110+. I'm not sure how well the stock clutch would take to requesting peak torque in the overdriven gears at such a low speed again and again. That's almost exactly at the curve's torque peak.

I'm not saying it won't hold... I just don't do it so can't comment on whether that's going to work out for you long term. I'll accelerate in those gears but won't give it enough throttle to approach peak boost. I do launch hard occasionally and will NLS now and then. I just avoid the early torque peak. It's been working out for me thus far.
Sponsored