PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
So I picked up these generic springs that is suppose to create a pulling force so that when you open your trunk it will fully raise up.

However I'm having trouble trying to figure out where to connect it properly, does anyone have some experience with this? No instructions and YouTube wasn't helpful.
Thanks in advance
Honda Civic 10th gen Trunk Auto Spring 20180601_190251_HDR
Sponsored

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
So I picked up these generic springs that is suppose to create a pulling force so that when you open your trunk it will fully raise up.

However I'm having trouble trying to figure out where to connect it properly, does anyone have some experience with this? No instructions and YouTube wasn't helpful.
Thanks in advance
20180601_190251_HDR.jpg
The product you're looking for is Trunk lift support pistons. Springs will pull it shut.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
I've been looking into the same type of idea but I don't think our cars are compatible with this spring. It looks like our hinges are too close to the edge of the trunk opening to make these work. If you find a way you should do a write-up and post it here. If I find a way I'll do the same.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
why do you want it to do this? it already pops up a bit and is super light

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
A bit is not enough. Why wouldn't you want to do this? I usually have my hands full. To have it open would be helpful.

I'm actually looking at the addition of a gas strut from the cab devider wall to the lowest part of the hinge when the trunk is open.

You could use those springs if you could add a small pulley and cable but I don't think there's enough space for that setup.

Last edited:

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag