Truecar price advice EX-T with sensing

ansamuhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I see that the truecar price for 2017 EX-T with sensing is 21,993 in CA-Los Angeles area and my dealer sent me a quote of 21,877 before tax. Is it a good price or should I negotiate?
Also what will be extra on top of this for TTL, sales tax etc? Please advice, this is my first car buying experience in US!
Sponsored

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
I see that the truecar price for 2017 EX-T with sensing is 21,993 in CA-Los Angeles area and my dealer sent me a quote of 21,877 before tax. Is it a good price or should I negotiate?
Also what will be extra on top of this for TTL, sales tax etc? Please advice, this is my first car buying experience in US!
Take it it's a decent price man. There isn't much room to negotiate. Honda doesn't really mark up their cars. It's not a type R. Even working for a dealer (which I do ) the deal isn't that much better if at all. Just build one online and if you can get it for 400 bucks less that's basically holdback right there.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
Take it it's a decent price man. There isn't much room to negotiate. Honda doesn't really mark up their cars. It's not a type R. Even working for a dealer (which I do ) the deal isn't that much better if at all. Just build one online and if you can get it for 400 bucks less that's basically holdback right there.
Keep in mind destination too. Honda is pretty cut and dry they actually regulate what most dealers can advertise the price. The best bet is to go in. They will be more willing to negotiate a few hundred then. Online you're just another internet lead

OP
OP

ansamuhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Keep in mind destination too. Honda is pretty cut and dry they actually regulate what most dealers can advertise the price. The best bet is to go in. They will be more willing to negotiate a few hundred then. Online you're just another internet lead
I just got another quote from another dealer and he says MSRP price as
I am confused because I see many people in this forum got a price of about 22.5K OTD for an EX-T in CA state. For my quote, I need to add at least $2500 for OTD price which would come down to over 24.5k.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
I just got another quote from another dealer and he says MSRP price as

I am confused because I see many people in this forum got a price of about 22.5K OTD for an EX-T in CA state. For my quote, I need to add at least $2500 for OTD price which would come down to over 24.5k.
Is that with lane sensing?

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
Is that with lane sensing?
And are they 16' or 17'. Manufacturers will offer money to the dealer in the form of a rebate to the consumer. That's how they don't lose money on selling a car below MSRP. When you look at what dealers actually pay for vehicles it's typically 500 to 1000 less than sticker then destination they pay. They get some money back. That's how it works nowadays. There's always going to be a better deal on the previous model year because of this.

OP
OP

ansamuhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
And are they 16' or 17'. Manufacturers will offer money to the dealer in the form of a rebate to the consumer. That's how they don't lose money on selling a car below MSRP. When you look at what dealers actually pay for vehicles it's typically 500 to 1000 less than sticker then destination they pay. They get some money back. That's how it works nowadays. There's always going to be a better deal on the previous model year because of this.
In the mail atleast they said its 17'!

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
In the mail atleast they said its 17'!
Not really enough to go off of here man. I can only assume that you are referring to a 17 ' sedan ext with Honda lane sensing Which that stickers at over 24k. What do you mean in the mail? True car leads (from experience) turn out to be garbage and the dealer most often times has a better price anyway. On top of that the dealer has to pay 300 dollars straight to true car ( which is more than a lot of sales guys get paid to sell it to you) you want a good deal use truecar as a tool and keep your info out of it. So exactly what options are you looking at? If you find an amazing deal somewhere online my advice would be to work with your local dealer know the price and have it shipped in to them ( if shipping is not free then walk and go to a dealer where it is) If you know "someone" on this site that got an awesome deal in your area , reach out to them and find out where. Browse their website and then go to your dealer tell them you found the perfect car and where. They will stick to that price (if they don't tell them you will just go buy it from the other dealer they won't want to have you do that). It's hard because Honda dealerships tend to not post window stickers. And don't call competing dealers because they won't let that car you are looking at online go, likewise goes with if you submit an online lead to the other dealer (example to get more information ) . That to them is interested buyer and they will not trade or sell that vehicle to a competing dealer after that. I know that's a lot but if you have any other specific questions let me know and I'll be happy to answer what I can.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
check carjojo first. truecar is usually high.

Carjojo's algorithm seems to be more sophisticated than truecar's. Takes into account local supply of a given model, time a specific car has been on the lot, etc. Cars that are widely available with slower turn rates get larger discounts, cars with limited availability and fast turn rates smaller discounts.

Last edited:

beo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I think you should be able to get $21500 easy in CA LA, 21000 is possible if your talented.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
I think you should be able to get $21500 easy in CA LA, 21000 is possible if your talented.
Where are you getting this assumption? That's less than an ext coupe without lane sensing? Be realistic. He's looking at a sedan ext with Honda's suite of safety equipment. Got nothing to do with talent. There's not that much of a margin on Honda Civic's ask some of the other sales guys about it. On a Honda Civic there is maximum of a 750 dollar hold back which means profit. They do pay destination to get them shipped. So if they are selling it to you for 1600 bucks that's them eating the cost of destination and hoping by losing money on a car they will make money by reaching a sales goal. It's a Honda not a BMW. My hats off to you if you can steal a 2017 Civic sedan ext with an automatic and Honda's acc fcw, Honda lane departure assistance. If you want to really help the guy, send him to the dealer that likes to lose 3-4 grand on a brand new current model year car. He's a brand new buyer with no experience, he needs real advice not that he should be able to walk into a dealer and buy a month old car for 3-4k under sticker. It's misleading.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
Here is a a build all it has extra other than the Honda sensing is floor mats and edge guards.

Honda Civic 10th gen Truecar price advice EX-T with sensing Screenshot_20170331-145902

beo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Where are you getting this assumption? That's less than an ext coupe without lane sensing? Be realistic. He's looking at a sedan ext with Honda's suite of safety equipment. Got nothing to do with talent.
From my research from searching this exact car. I was rereading my email quotes from a couple of months ago. I am in the same area as OP, competition here is fierce. There are 20+ dealers within a 50mi radius of Los Angeles. Talent in negotiation is a factor with 20% luck. I had requested quotes from all dealers within California, Nevada and Oregon. Needless to say I was in no rush and was looking for the deal of the year. As I recall someone on this form got the deal of the century for ~20k OTD with a red touring.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
From my research from searching this exact car. I was rereading my email quotes from a couple of months ago. I am in the same area as OP, competition here is fierce. There are 20+ dealers within a 50mi radius of Los Angeles. Talent in negotiation is a factor with 20% luck. I had requested quotes from all dealers within California, Nevada and Oregon. Needless to say I was in no rush and was looking for the deal of the year. As I recall someone on this form got the deal of the century for ~20k OTD with a red touring.
Here is a post from one of the threads you actually commented on man. So basically even at invoice with the options he wants is 22000 (1k Honda sense, 800 CVT) plus around 800 with destination. Of course he will need gap at 500 at least. So without tax/title/doc that's 23300 (at invoice or 22800 with no gap no warranty or anything) with only gap. Just reinforces what I said before holdback is 750-1000 on the civic if you compare the figures. There isn't a whole lot to work with there. I also know because I talked with several finance managers that have family and friends owning other Honda dealers. So there you have it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Truecar price advice EX-T with sensing Screenshot_20170331-161016
Sponsored