EX w/ Sensing vs EX-T

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the touring model so I have both sensing and the 1.5L...

if you get the Ex with sensing over any of the turbo models you just made a huge mistake. Sensing is cool and all but the Turbo is something you will get way more use out of. If you really must have the sensing just get the Ex-T with sensing that would make 100% more sense than giving up the turbo and what is another $1000 anyway?

the bay area freeways I drive makes most of the sensing features useless to me anyway.
Not saying turbo isn't great, but I have no issues with not having a turbo and do not regret going with naturally aspirated. Both turbo and sensing are about $1000 each, and not everyone can afford both. You sound like you're in favor of the turbo, so if you could give some examples of when the turbo comes in handy, and/or when sensing is annoying, that would be much more helpful for potential buyers.
Sponsored

Godkillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Aegean Blue
Not saying turbo isn't great, but I have no issues with not having a turbo and do not regret going with naturally aspirated. Both turbo and sensing are about $1000 each, and not everyone can afford both. You sound like you're in favor of the turbo, so if you could give some examples of when the turbo comes in handy, and/or when sensing is annoying, that would be much more helpful for potential buyers.
well first of all its not just the turbo that you get dual zone climate control and heated front seats (i live in california so heated front seats are more useless here) but you also get foglights.

If you need me to explain why turbo is better ok ill do it but you really shouldn't need it spelled out that its better acceleration throughout the power band. No one really cares that it gets 1mpg more on the highway but when merging or needing to accelerate the turbo makes a huge difference.

I would honestly argue strongly that if you dont have an extra $1000 on any car you are buying you really cant afford the car that you are looking for. Obviously some people are going to reach but if i wanted to get a car I could barely afford id be buying a 50k car instead of a 27k one. The EX-T is the sweet spot in the Civic lineup... the features you get for the money is pretty amazing. I was going to get one if I didn't opt for the Touring. It was a tough choice regardless.

OP
OP

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I have to agree. I don't have the sensing as much as I wanted it, but the Turbo really is icing on the cake. For some people just having the XM radio option might be enough and the seat warmers will be nice in winter. Lower depreciation too.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well first of all its not just the turbo that you get dual zone climate control and heated front seats (i live in california so heated front seats are more useless here) but you also get foglights.

If you need me to explain why turbo is better ok ill do it but you really shouldn't need it spelled out that its better acceleration throughout the power band. No one really cares that it gets 1mpg more on the highway but when merging or needing to accelerate the turbo makes a huge difference.

I would honestly argue strongly that if you dont have an extra $1000 on any car you are buying you really cant afford the car that you are looking for. Obviously some people are going to reach but if i wanted to get a car I could barely afford id be buying a 50k car instead of a 27k one. The EX-T is the sweet spot in the Civic lineup... the features you get for the money is pretty amazing. I was going to get one if I didn't opt for the Touring. It was a tough choice regardless.

Don't think there is a "better" or "worse" option to be honest. Each person will have their preference. This isn't a situation where 2+2=4 and there is only 1 single answer. Also rather than the issue of not being able to afford it, its rather do you really need to spend that $1k on a turbo or could you get better value for that $1k on something else?

That 1k I saved, I could spend buying a nice grill and lawn mower. I would get much better "value". So depending on your situation it really depends. No one is really "right" or "wrong".
Sponsored