SandyEggoSi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Rallye Red
Country flag
So as the title said, I tried both tunes and have a few questions.

What are the differences other than the boost target being 25 vs 23?
What "quick option" settings does the VIT tune incorporate such as ramp, part throttle, etc?

1) Is the VIT tune optimized with most aggressive or disabled ramp and part throttle settings?
2) Can I disable VSA/traction control with both the Ktuner basemaps and the VIT tune 19/25? I saw it was able to be disabled at least on the VIT 19/25 tune.
3) Does anyone else have any opinions on the KTuner 19/23 vs the VIT 19/25?

I feel like the 19/23 KTuner basemap with all the settings set to most aggressive felt a little more peppy than the VIT 19/25 but I could be wrong. I left the throttle settings standard tho. I like my throttle 1/1 so it is less skittish.
Sponsored

Last edited:

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I think Vit's incorporates fuel, timing, cam timing, boost changes. The staged maps included with ktuner all have the same ignition timing from what I can tell. Only boost has been altered at least from the tables we can view and access.

The ramp is factory, and so is all the other quick settings with the exemption of the rev hang defeat if you want that on.

Vit's map makes more power but the factory boost lag is still there.

Last edited:
OP
OP

SandyEggoSi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Rallye Red
Country flag
^^^So you're saying VIT is using "factory ramp?" Ok, that would explain why the KTuner map with ramp disabled and more aggressive part throttle settings "feels" better.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
^^^So you're saying VIT is using "factory ramp?" Ok, that would explain why the KTuner map with ramp disabled and more aggressive part throttle settings "feels" better.
I'd check in with Vit directly to see if that's true. His tunes are locked, so he's really the only person who can answer that. :)

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I think Vit's incorporates fuel, timing, cam timing, boost changes. The staged maps included with ktuner all have the same ignition timing from what I can tell. Only boost has been altered at least from the tables we can view and access.

The ramp is factory, and so is all the other quick settings with the exemption of the rev hang defeat if you want that on.

Vit's map makes more power but the factory boost lag is still there.
We use our own customized settings for everything. The factory boost lag is not there -- it is disabled and the turbo will spool as fast as it physically can.

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Are you modifying the same settings we are in KTuner or do you have access to configurations we are not able to adjust on our devices?? For example, given the adjustments of your stage 1.. is it possible for us to recreate the exact configuration?

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Also keep in mind it very well could be a clutch issue, I have a custom tune by Vit seeing around 25-26psi at peak. It felt great at first but quickly diminished once I saw that I couldn't hold the power I kicked back down to the 19\23psi ktuner map and the car felt quicker only because the clutch could hold torque at that level. I've already got a FX350 from Vit that I will be installing in the coming weeks and will flash back to my custom tune after to see...just my opinion from my experience. I started tuning the car with 750 miles on it and have 3400 on it now. clutch started slipping at about 2800 miles lol

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Also keep in mind it very well could be a clutch issue, I have a custom tune by Vit seeing around 25-26psi at peak. It felt great at first but quickly diminished once I saw that I couldn't hold the power I kicked back down to the 19\23psi ktuner map and the car felt quicker only because the clutch could hold torque at that level. I've already got a FX350 from Vit that I will be installing in the coming weeks and will flash back to my custom tune after to see...just my opinion from my experience. I started tuning the car with 750 miles on it and have 3400 on it now. clutch started slipping at about 2800 miles lol
Is it still slipping on 19/23 on your stock clutch?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The staged maps included with ktuner all have the same ignition timing from what I can tell. Only boost has been altered at least from the tables we can view and access. The ramp is factory, and so is all the other quick settings with the exemption of the rev hang defeat if you want that on.
o the Ktuner staged maps are basically the factory tune and the only change is boost? That's very surprising to say the least. Wow.

Last edited:

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
So the Ktuner staged maps are basically the factory tune and the only change is boost? That's very surprising to say the least. Wow.
Well no... there's lots of adjustments in the background to improve drivability, avoid throttle closures ("torque reduction"), improve turbo spool, etc. Fuel targets are tweaked, boost is adjusted. *ignition* timing is left alone and the knock control is left alone so they work like OEM to make sure the tunes stay conservative and are safe to run across a variety of fuels and vehicles.

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
How long have you been using 19/23? Is it slipping for you?
I’ve been using it for about 2 days now lol. Probably way too early to tell. No issues here, but I’m also not doing any hard launches. I mainly just do hard pulls at speed, and everything is holding fine. I simply selected the 19.5/23 tune and set it. I wasn’t even aware there were more adjustments to be made. I’m still very new to tuning in general and my brain was overwhelmed with all the parameters Ktuner allows you to mess with

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Is it still slipping on 19/23 on your stock clutch?
since going back to the 19\23 tune its okay it does slip a little bit mostly if im driving it aggressively but that's mostly because I did damage to it already at 25psi after tuning and driving it hard. I'll be installing an FX350 in the coming weeks when I have time.

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
@VitViper I had a question regarding your 19/25 vs KTuner's 19/23. The "19" portion, specifically. You stated the following regarding KTuner's staged maps:

there's lots of adjustments in the background to improve drivability, avoid throttle closures ("torque reduction"), improve turbo spool, etc. Fuel targets are tweaked, boost is adjusted. *ignition* timing is left alone and the knock control is left alone so they work like OEM to make sure the tunes stay conservative and are safe to run across a variety of fuels and vehicles.
Is KTuner's "19" more conservative and more suited for longevity than your stage 1 "19"?
Sponsored