Transmission gurgle/crackle when shifting from P to D or D to P

Intamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
Country flag
Brand new 2019 Sport CVT, less than a week old, has been making these clicking or gurgling noises when shifting from P to D or D to P. It seems to be a pretty consistent noise every time. Shifting is generally smooth, makes no audible sounds other than this. Also, the car takes a long time to shift and the engine revs inbetween quite a bit. Is all this nonsense normal for a CVT?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Brand new 2019 Sport CVT, less than a week old, has been making these clicking or gurgling noises when shifting from P to D or D to P. It seems to be a pretty consistent noise every time. Shifting is generally smooth, makes no audible sounds other than this. Also, the car takes a long time to shift and the engine revs inbetween quite a bit. Is all this nonsense normal for a CVT?
I'm in the same boat. And this is my first CVT. And from reading other threads about them; it seems to be normal.

OP
OP

Intamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. And this is my first CVT. And from reading other threads about them; it seems to be normal.
Interesting, good to know. I'm gonna head by the local dealer one day and just hop in a couple of them to compare. Will report back.

OP
OP

Intamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
Country flag
Basically, it is what it is. Nothing is "wrong", except for the fact that it's shittily designed...lol. Now I know all the things to look for next time I buy a car...working A/C, a transmission that shifts before the day is over...
Sponsored