skstyle

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So is it just a spoiler or a whole replacement for the taillights assembly, because that's what it looks like.
It looks like part lip spoiler, part tail light
it is not a whole replacement for the tail lights, you are just removing and replacing the lights on the trunklid and because of the design, it does make it a bit like a spoiler

Honda Civic 10th gen To all sedan owners... Untitled
Sponsored

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
The taillights on the Chinese models, or at least the ones shown in the demo pics, have different taillights than the American model. The bottom "C" is cut off like the Hatchback instead of a sharp C like the standard sedan
That's why I ask

Arkbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
The taillights on the Chinese models, or at least the ones shown in the demo pics, have different taillights than the American model. The bottom "C" is cut off like the Hatchback instead of a sharp C like the standard sedan
That's why I ask
Great point. I wonder if that means the lights on the trunk are different as well. This may or may not fit our models.

OP
OP
skstyle

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there is no reason for honda to make that trunklid light any different when its just a standard light

and the taillights are different than the american model because of different regulations for different countries...the only reason its cut off is because it houses a rear foglight bulb

pics from @CivicChina
Honda Civic 10th gen To all sedan owners... fog1-

Honda Civic 10th gen To all sedan owners... fog2-

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
220 represents the torque figures which is newton-meters, in other words, 162 ft-lb :nixon:
Ooooohhhhhhh.....

And here I thought they came out with an Si Killer. :doh:

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The BIG question, @skstyle, does this unit use the mounting points of the OEM duckbill?

With so many turbo versions sold in North America, the after-market is seriously hurting themselves by not making something that ALL X-gen owners can use.

OP
OP
skstyle

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The BIG question, @skstyle, does this unit use the mounting points of the OEM duckbill?

With so many turbo versions sold in North America, the after-market is seriously hurting themselves by not making something that ALL X-gen owners can use.
as far as i can tell, it only uses the existing mounting points when you take off the trunklid lights
Honda Civic 10th gen To all sedan owners... untitled-

if anything... you could probably remove your duckbill, vinyl wrap over the duckbill holes and put this wraparound taillight over?? :hmm::dunno:

edit: picture of the backside
Honda Civic 10th gen To all sedan owners... HTB1OKw7RXXXXXbdXVXXq6xXFXXX

Honda Civic 10th gen To all sedan owners... HTB1rPhmRpXXXXbDXpXXq6xXFXXXN

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
while we are on the subject of using the existing holes on the touring and ext trunk lids. in the SI diagram below, it looks like the SI spoiler uses the 7 holes of the touring trunk lid

*EDIT : actually scratch that, i just saw some up close shots of the trunk and it doesnt use those holes, lol*

View attachment 39196

View attachment 39195

Honda Civic 10th gen To all sedan owners... upload_2017-6-3_15-14-54

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
while we are on the subject of using the existing holes on the touring and ext trunk lids. in the SI diagram below, it looks like the SI spoiler uses the 7 holes of the touring trunk lid

*EDIT : actually scratch that, i just saw some up close shots of the trunk and it doesnt use those holes, lol*

View attachment 39196

View attachment 39195
It looks like the Si spoiler uses at least some of the holes. 3 perhaps? If they do line up, then you could make an Si spoiler work by closing off the remaining holes with plugs and a bit of silicone.

mdhum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civiv FC 1.5 Turbo
Hi! I found this on eBay and thought you might like it! Check it out now! 10th Honda Civic SI Style Trunk Spoiler Lights LED OEM Rear Lamp DRLBrake http://r.ebay.com/SIgReY
its free shipping

mdhum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civiv FC 1.5 Turbo

Arkbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
Hi! I found this on eBay and thought you might like it! Check it out now! 10th Honda Civic SI Style Trunk Spoiler Lights LED OEM Rear Lamp DRLBrake http://r.ebay.com/SIgReY
its free shipping
Your only two posts are for that specific product and your avatar is a civic with one on it. I'm guessing you've help create the design of that product?

mdhum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civiv FC 1.5 Turbo
Your only two posts are for that specific product and your avatar is a civic with one on it. I'm guessing you've help create the design of that product?
i already purchased it, and i will share it is on ebay now !
Sponsored