Question to all 2016 civic owners

accavitti1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Durango, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hey just curious because I know it was not available in the 2015 civics, but has anyone tried to use the roll all windows down feature from the key fob. My wife has an odessey and it has it. If anyone could try and use it all you have to do is hit the unlock button once and then a second time holding it down.
Sponsored

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Yes, as themzlab said, it doesn't always work, try again if not.

Is there a reverse function to roll everything back up again? Would be good for those surprise thunderstorms when you're inside and realize you left all your windows open. Since all the windows and the sunroof have obstruction sensing I can't see how this would be a safety issue.

davidvanchu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I couldn't get the windows to roll up with the fob, only down. The manual also has no mention of getting all the windows to roll up from the fob, only down.

But the manual did say, "Lock the driver’s door with the key. Within 10 seconds of returning the key to the central position, turn the key in the lock direction and hold it there."

themzlab

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
themzlab.tumblr.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 Prius 5,2003 Jetta TDI
Country flag

Is there a reverse function to roll everything back up again? Would be good for those surprise thunderstorms when you're inside and realize you left all your windows open. Since all the windows and the sunroof have obstruction sensing I can't see how this would be a safety issue.
unfortunately, Honda's legal review team does not agree with you (I speculate) : (

my two VW cars do something similar but you have to be at the door of the car and turning the physical key. it is handy but small in the big picture.

it would be nice if Honda would allow the closing feature while the key is in close proximity
-mark

kbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Sienna, 2016 Honda Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Hey just curious because I know it was not available in the 2015 civics, but has anyone tried to use the roll all windows down feature from the key fob. My wife has an odessey and it has it. If anyone could try and use it all you have to do is hit the unlock button once and then a second time holding it down.
I just tried it on my LX 6MT and it works! Nice tip. I wish there was a way to roll them back up as well.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Another related function I'd like is a one-touch way to "ventilate", in other words crack all the windows open slightly and tilt (but not fully open) the moonroof, for hot days.

kbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Sienna, 2016 Honda Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
I just tried it on my LX 6MT and it works! Nice tip. I wish there was a way to roll them back up as well.
Actually, I found that if I lock my LX with the physical key on the driver's door and then turn it to the left again as if I am locking it again but hold it there, then the windows will all go back up. I assume this is a safety feature so that you cannot roll up the windows without being physically at the car in case someone or something is in the way of the window going up?

Ollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Another related function I'd like is a one-touch way to "ventilate", in other words crack all the windows open slightly and tilt (but not fully open) the moonroof, for hot days.
instead of holding down the button and opening the windows all the way, if you quickly let go of the unlock button the windows only open a crack ;)
Sponsored