Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
Two things I don't like about the products I've tried are after a few weeks they turn the tire sort of brown, and the runoff stains the driveway. I feel I've followed the directions. Does anyone have a product they like? Thank you.
Sponsored

Nemesai285

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
How shiny you trying to get them; like a reflection of solar beams to blind the haters or just a smooth shine? :3

_silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Meguairs Endurance Tire Gel, if I'm feeling lazy I hit it with STP Son of a Gun and walk away.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just so after I wash and wax the tires don't look dull.
I use black magic Tire wet Amazon.com: Black Magic 5072647 Tire Wet Gel, 16 oz.: Automotive , but my trick is that I wash the outer profile of the tire itself with every wash. Tire shine will attract road dirt and dust, and applying shine on grime-shine reduces the results, I've found. Washing the tire profile is the very last step in my exterior wash routine. Then, once dry, it's like a fresh canvas for tire shine every time.

roma_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Ah, the perfect tire dressing.

For something readily available in any AutoZone, Walmart etc;
1. Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Acrylic Tire Shine Spray Coating
- this is fairly new and I have been really pleased with it
- for matte/sheen - 1 coat... for shiny/glossy 2-3 coats
also available on Amazon Turtle Wax Hybrid Tire Shine

2. Chemical Guys VRP
- universal - can be used on Vinyl, Rubber, and Plastic
- this is water-based so washing your tires will take the shine off pretty quick (maybe re-apply every couple washes)

For specialized online only stuff I really like Carpro Perl
- can be used on most interior surfaces (plastic, engine, rubber, and leather)
- can be diluted for varying shine level
- water-based - will not last more than a few washes
* but I love the color this brings to the tire - never too shiny
Amazon CarPro Perl 500ml
or Detailed Image Perl 500ml Detailed Image (cheaper if you buy enough stuff to get free shipping)

Poor Experience:

Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel -(NOT RECOMMENDED) this will brown like crazy and very difficult to remove

roma_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I use black magic Tire wet Amazon.com: Black Magic 5072647 Tire Wet Gel, 16 oz.: Automotive , but my trick is that I wash the outer profile of the tire itself with every wash. Tire shine will attract road dirt and dust, and applying shine on grime-shine reduces the results, I've found. Washing the tire profile is the very last step in my exterior wash routine. Then, once dry, it's like a fresh canvas for tire shine every time.
YES! proper cleaning is the most important step.
if you put a dressing on road grime - you will end up with shiny road grime

No_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Meguairs Endurance Tire Gel, if I'm feeling lazy I hit it with STP Son of a Gun and walk away.
Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel works well.
Remember to take an old cloth and remove any excess in the big and small lettering and designs on the tire. If not, you may find that it will "sling" off any excess product.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I haven't used tire shine in over a decade probably. I might look into that Meguiars gel because not fan of the sprays like op says they stain the driveway.

roma_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I haven't used tire shine in over a decade probably. I might look into that Meguiars gel because not fan of the sprays like op says they stain the driveway.
I use sprays but I do not spray it on the tire for your reason - overspray on driveway and on the wheels. I will typically spray it on a foam applicator and then apply that to the tires.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I use sprays but I do not spray it on the tire for your reason - overspray on driveway and on the wheels. I will typically spray it on a foam applicator and then apply that to the tires.
Well that's one way around that for sprays. Never thought about doing it that way. Still kinda want to try that gel since last Meguiars product I used was their headlight cleaner for old civic which worked pretty good and lasted a decent amount of time.

No_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Here is a video from Meguiar's Trainer Nicholas Winn.

Note how important it is to use a product with the correct PH for your rims and What Is Behind the rim, like calipers, aluminum rotors etc.

I use the black bottle Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner, which is PH Balanced (similar to the PH of water) and safe for all rims.
Meguiar's Wheel and Tire Product Video

METALxSLUG

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Tire shine recommendations? 8A41E4C4-C2BA-420B-8190-BE5520B71755

California Cover All/Cover All is my go to for tire dressing. Aerosol spray can that leaves a super wet looking finish and lasts very long. Can be found at AutoZone/O’reilly/Amazon
Sponsored