Thoughts on Moonroof Visor?

saladin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
I just purchased an OEM moonroof visor online (much cheaper than at the dealership). However, after putting it on the car, I'm hesitant as to whether it makes the car look good or not. I'd like to use it to avoid the sunlight that hits my face, but if it's going to make my car look tacky, I wouldn't mind using the sunroof less often...I've attached pictures as an example. Thoughts? Anyone already with the visor care to share?
Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Moonroof Visor? side wo.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Moonroof Visor? side w.JPG

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I just purchased an OEM moonroof visor online (much cheaper than at the dealership). However, after putting it on the car, I'm hesitant as to whether it makes the car look good or not. I'd like to use it to avoid the sunlight that hits my face, but if it's going to make my car look tacky, I wouldn't mind using the sunroof less often...I've attached pictures as an example. Thoughts? Anyone already with the visor care to share?
side wo.JPG
side w.JPG
I chose to install an aftermarket moon roof visor and within 3 days the 3M tape let go on the visor itself! I am having the OEM visor installed and am less concerned about looks and more about practicality. When you reach my age (69) looks are not important. ;-)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The OEM sunroof deflector isn't too bad. I had a WeatherTech one on my 2013 Civic and ended up taking it off and selling it a few months later. It was too high and a bit rounded and bulbous. It kinda just killed the look of the car for me. That said, the one @thepixelsedge is pretty nice. I might actually buy that one

OP
OP
saladin

saladin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
I can't stand the visors they put on Accords. But the civic looks like it might not be so bad. I still can't decide though. I think I'll just let it sit for a week and then decide. Here are more pics to compare.
Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Moonroof Visor? IMG_2127.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Moonroof Visor? IMG_2124.JPG

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Leave it on there.. You already have it lol, bolt it down and enjoy :)

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm not to big a fan of it, but the pictures don't do it justice. It's hardly noticeable in person for any car I've noticed!

fraser1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ext
Country flag
side wo.JPG
side w.JPG
I own the exact same Civic as seen in the picture above. I purchased the moonroof visor and had it painted at a local body shop To the cars color

Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Moonroof Visor? IMG_4498.JPG

Last edited:

newf4350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wop touring(civic)

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
My wife's 2012 CR-V (bought used in 2015) came with one preinstalled. We didn't care for it much and took it off and that whole painted area under it was disgusting and basically stained. I say this to let you guys know to take care when washing and don't forget that dirt does get under it and to run your wash mitt up in there every now and then and rinse it out well. We had to put it back on because it looked so bad and we couldn't get it clean. Pretty sure only polishing would get it off, because a clay bar didn't work.