Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Man, so sorry to see you lose your dream car that way. Especially since it's just sitting there suffering. Not like an accident-much more heart pain.
Maybe you can buy it from insurance and sort of get it going again? Should be possible but definitely need a place to leave it while you work on it.
Good wishes for the insurance to pay you what it's worth and on time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Los’fk8

Los’fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Man, so sorry to see you lose your dream car that way. Especially since it's just sitting there suffering. Not like an accident-much more heart pain.
Maybe you can buy it from insurance and sort of get it going again? Should be possible but definitely need a place to leave it while you work on it.
Good wishes for the insurance to pay you what it's worth and on time.
I have to talk to my insurance agent to see if thats possible. If its totaled (which it will be) idk what protocol is for if the customer wants to keep the car. If thats possible, I will definitely just buy a daily (SUV this time lol) and rebuild this thing to a track beast haha we will see what statefarm says

R-36276

First Name
Milo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I have to talk to my insurance agent to see if thats possible. If its totaled (which it will be) idk what protocol is for if the customer wants to keep the car. If thats possible, I will definitely just buy a daily (SUV this time lol) and rebuild this thing to a track beast haha we will see what statefarm says
I hope you kept your receipts for mods made and any pictures of them. State farm will compensate you for those mods from my experience. Hope it all works out

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
Don't offer to buy it from the insurance company until they tell you how much they will be paying you. If they smell any interest in you buying it from them, it may influence the settlement amount that they will be offering you.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You can't play Forza on playstation.​

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
Am I the only one who thinks this may not be too bad?

I see cars drive in flooded areas, at almost the same level as the water in the pic, and they're fine. Your car is parked and wasn't running, which is good, making sure the water doesn't get into the engine and hydrolock it. The seals on the doors should prevent the water from getting in. Your car is not submerged to a degree where the water pressure would overcome the seals that normally prevent rain water from getting in.

I say when the flooding is over, let it dry for a couple of weeks, get a leaf blower (or compressed air) and visually dry areas in the engine bay. And hopefully it is Ok.

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
There’s breather tubes for anything mechanical. Intake for the engine. Corrosion guaranteed over time in all electrical connections. Several ECU’s submerged. This thing is toast.

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
From the picture, the ECU and intake are significantly higher than the water level. The water is barely at the bottom of the grill.

Anyway, I hope it's OK and not lost.

OP
OP
Los’fk8

Los’fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Ended up getting a total loss for the car. I havent mentioned it to them yet but once their “total loss department” calls me to work out the settlement, i may see what the deal is for keeping the car.

If its possible, i will keep it and strip it entirely, buy a crate engine and do it right 👍 lets see
Sponsored