SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
Where does this blue connector go? Anyone? I went to replace my cabin filter and it was just dangling there and I see nothing that it can go into.
Honda Civic 10th gen What’s this behind my glove box? 1298BA5F-6505-4316-AB0A-2B40CF60023D
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
USDM 2017-2019 cars have all the connectors for the Honda Sensing stuff, but they just decided to leave it out until 2020. I believe other domestic markets always had honda sensing, though.

OP
OP

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
USDM 2017-2019 cars have all the connectors for the Honda Sensing stuff, but they just decided to leave it out until 2020. I believe other domestic markets always had honda sensing, though.
So let me ask this, is the Honda sensing stuff plug n play ? I know the ecu would need changing to the 2020 model ecu. But is that it? I feel like they put them here knowing they Would add sensing, but it doesn’t make financial sense to add this plug, one could just as easily hidden the wires and eliminated the connector all together, and while that wouldnt be a huge cost savings, keeping shareholder wealth in mind, I feel like Honda should have, why else include the connector if it’s useless? It even has pins! Like it’s ready to be connected. But I did confirm with my dealer this is suppose to just “hang there unplugged”.

Just odd if you ask me unless Honda gave this to us to retrofit older models to newer specs.

Kinda like how people with Si’s, buy type r stuff for upgrades such as the shifter, rear sway, and steering wheel.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So let me ask this, is the Honda sensing stuff plug n play ? I know the ecu would need changing to the 2020 model ecu. But is that it? I feel like they put them here knowing they Would add sensing, but it doesn’t make financial sense to add this plug, one could just as easily hidden the wires and eliminated the connector all together, and while that wouldnt be a huge cost savings, keeping shareholder wealth in mind, I feel like Honda should have, why else include the connector if it’s useless? It even has pins! Like it’s ready to be connected. But I did confirm with my dealer this is suppose to just “hang there unplugged”.

Just odd if you ask me unless Honda gave this to us to retrofit older models to newer specs.

Kinda like how people with Si’s, buy type r stuff for upgrades such as the shifter, rear sway, and steering wheel.
They leave the connectors because it's easier to do that than to manufacture an entirely separate wire bundle. I don't believe anyone has successfully retrofitted a 2017-2019, though.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Appears to be a junction connector, a connector that wires share power with/ BCAN network. Don't screw with it. Put it away.

Edit: F-CAN B junction. Its a bunch of communication wires for FCAN body communication.

Last edited:

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Design, Revision Control, Configuration Management, Inventory Management of a separate wire harness for a car that has a relative tiny production quantity is just not worth the cost of the extra wires and connectors.

Engineering is expensive. Plastic connectors and copper wire is not.
Sponsored