Thinking of leasing a Type-R

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
where in the world can 15k be put down as a payment for a house.. i live in socal.. you need atleast 100k-150k / 20%-30% bare minimum for a house without having to live off ramen.

15 K is actually quite a bit to put down on a house. You just live in a horrible fantasyland that in no way represents 90%+ of the USA.

I suggest you move.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
assuming you put 25k down on a 70k car.. you are going to get 55k.. and lets say you take 5yr/60mo to pay off 55k.. .... thats like 950 a month.. i dont think your math is correct sir.. that 545 is not a monthly payment on a 70k car.. dont spread false info
It’s not even close, the guy is talking out his ass.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
assuming you put 25k down on a 70k car.. you are going to get a remaining 45k balance.. and lets say you take 5yr/60mo to pay off 45k.. .... thats like 750 a month.. i dont think your math is incorrect sir.. that 545 is not a monthly payment on a 70k car.. dont spread false info
Even a lease on a $60k car with $15k down is like 650/month, or thereabouts. Sooooooo yeah, I think maybe he/she is thinking of a lease special that had extremely restrictive conditions (8k mi/year, 5 year lease, etc...).

That being said, I don't think leasing a CTR is very worthwhile, considering what it is. But that's my opinion, and just because I can't see a reason to do a lease doesn't mean it won't be beneficial for someone else. :dunno:

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
where in the world can 15k be put down as a payment for a house.. i live in socal.. you need atleast 100k-150k / 20%-30% bare minimum for a house without having to live off ramen.
Lol your numbers are way off. I live in SoCal and put down $20K on a 9 year old $350K condo. My mortgage is less than what it would cost to rent a two bedroom apartment.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Lol your numbers are way off. I live in SoCal and put down $20K on a 9 year old $350K condo. My mortgage is less than what it would cost to rent a two bedroom apartment.
well it depends on the area and the price of course. Houses around me are like 800k .... If i go down to like compton i'm sure you can get one far cheaper lol.

mecheng32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
You can absolutely lease a Type R in the US. I'm leasing mine. Payments are roughly $450 month and I put $6500 down. 785 credit score and $66,000/yr income. I will be buying it when the lease is over though.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for all the input here guys I think i knew it, i just needed to hear it again. Might explore an SI in the future, but ill prioritize moving out.
My opinion...

I'd rather bring a pretty girl home to my own place, even if it's modest digs in a modest set of wheels than bring a girl back in a fancy car to mom/dad's house.

However impressed she might be about the car is going dry to up (*cough*) when mom and dad want to know all about her...

If you're in a good position, and it sounds like you are, to get back out there then do it! It sounded like it was already something you were motivated to do.

but wanting to leave home soon
You're setting yourself on the path of being a 30-something still living at home.

My opinion. This lease is to have something you'll give back in 3 years and have no wheels at 31 or overpay to keep. That tends to be the nature of leases... to pay for the depreciation for what is someone else's car after 3 years.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :thumbsup:

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
OP focus on net worth and getting into real estate. Then wait for a recession, and buy one then when the economy is hurting and those that are over leveraged need to get rid of them. Not the nicest to take advantage of those on hard times but the market is cruel like that. If you live in Ontario and you are in the GTA home prices have come down a bit and have made openings for newer home buyers to start getting into the market.

Your future self will thank you, and this gives you an opportunity to own one in the future. For now an 8th or 9th gen and supercharger and you can stay under 20k and have almost as much fun. Let us know what direction you end up going :) Good luck
This is the best advice. At least in SoCal there is never a bad time to buy a house because prices are only going up. I make a lot more than you and "settled" for an Si because the Type R is not worth nearly twice as much as the Si, with markup it's approaching Audi/BMW prices. I'm glad I "settled" for a WRX instead of an STi in the early 2000's, because the money I saved went into my retirement funds and roughly tripled in value. The rule of wealth is to pay yourself last. Buy a house if the mortgage is cheaper than rent, max out retirement contributions, contribute to savings/rainy day fund, then have fun with what's left over.
Sponsored