Is anyone thinking of trading in their FK8 Type R for the new FL5 Type R ?

TECATO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am contemplating if I should trade in my 2021 Boost Blue FK8 for the new Type R. Are any of you thinking of getting the new FL5 what are your thoughts?
Sponsored

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At this point, I think it is up to personal taste. I don't expect there to be any big improvement and fk8 could probably get there with some minor aftermarket support. I like the looks of the fk8.

But who knows, maybe July 20th changes my mind.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
No way. With the anticipated price point and ADM on top, nobody is going to be getting one of these under 50k, at least not for a while. I love my 2018 and have modded it to be exactly what I want, no reason to take the plunge on a redesign in the first year.

OP
OP
TECATO

TECATO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda won't price the new one as low as they did FK8. 40's to start, 50's after markup. Pass.
You are correct I ended up paying $42K for my FK8 after markup and I thought I got lucky lol. It is a shame we are not able to buy direct from Honda to avoid the ridiculous mark ups.

un1coRn

IG: @sgp_fk8r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8 R-34844
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Possibly. I'll decide more once I see the FL5 and the pricing. I LOATHE the new hatch so idk how much I'll like it

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
You are correct I ended up paying $42K for my FK8 after markup and I thought I got lucky lol. It is a shame we are not able to buy direct from Honda to avoid the ridiculous mark ups.
you got a steal compared to me I paid 47k literally every boost blue by me was selling 50k+

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
I believe the new one will be a flop considering its neutered looks (what the fuck is going on with all these straight out fucking hoods!!! It looks like a 2nd grader drew a car profile!!!) and the price.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
No cause the integra type s has to cost more and they can't get too close to the M2
Have a family friend that manages a local Honda dealer's sales dept. 40-45 msrp, 5k MINIMUM ADM. I can get 5k ADM on a new Si, they won't come off it and we've done hundreds of thousands of dollars in business with these guys since the 1990s. You'll see 7.5-10k ADM on the R without anyone blinking an eye.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Not really interested. I like proven, sorted, near end of production cars. Got the final model year FK8 CTR ('21) - granted, the boys in Swindon didn't seem too attentive with clipping in my rocker panels or worried about leaving loose washers jingling in the splash tray 😂 also ordered a final model year 4Runner TRD Pro ('23) as my new daily.

Pretty content with what I have for now and plan to keep these "old" bright blue and orange relics for many many years.

Only way I'd consider moving the CTR in the near future is to replace it with a clean 997 GT3. Only way I'd consider swapping for an FL5 R is if it ends up being significantly better AND swapping my low mile FK8 into the last model year of the FL5 is financially insignificant.

Basically......I'm good lol really love this car enough to not even sniff around to see what its worth nowadays.