The 2016 Civic Touring Looks amazing

072.4se

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord SE 2010 Honda CRV
I'm selling my 2007 Honda accord se. I feel its too big since I drive usually myself to go to work.
I'm currently settled on a 2016 Accord Coupe Touring V6 in WOP.
But, this 2016 Civic has really caught my eye. I love the looks and stance and just right size.
I hate CVT's.
If the Civic SI sedan comes with the same DCT the ILX comes with I might consider buying it instead of
the 2016 V6 Coupe touring. Plus save myself some money and still maintain some passenger flexibility when I do need it.
Sponsored

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I'm selling my 2007 Honda accord se. I feel its too big since I drive usually myself to go to work.
I'm currently settled on a 2016 Accord Coupe Touring V6 in WOP.
But, this 2016 Civic has really caught my eye. I love the looks and stance and just right size.
I hate CVT's.
If the Civic SI sedan comes with the same DCT the ILX comes with I might consider buying it instead of
the 2016 V6 Coupe touring. Plus save myself some money and still maintain some passenger flexibility when I do need it.
You and me are in the same boat almost. Going to be getting rid of my 2010 accord v6, and I was pretty much sold on the 2016 accord, until I saw the 2016 civic reveal.

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
The Accord coupe is attractive but the sedan is boring, especially compared to the new Civic sedan design. It's a no-brainer

Honda Civic 10th gen The 2016 Civic Touring Looks amazing {filename}

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Accord coupe is attractive but the sedan is boring, especially compared to the new Civic sedan design. It's a no-brainer
So I've only seen the 2013-2015 accord sedan in person, and based on pictures, the 2016 looked a little more aggressive. But damn that comparison pic really shows the difference.

shephrd

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate CVT's.
If the Civic SI sedan comes with the same DCT the ILX comes with I might consider buying it instead of the 2016 V6 Coupe touring.
I wish that more people like you would speak up about your preference for the DCT over the CVT.

Every time I've said what you said this in these forums, I get the following responses:

"It's no big deal. The average consumer can't tell the difference between CVT and DCT."
"DCT is too expensive and heavy."
"CVT is lighter and more fuel efficient than the DCT." (nobody ever talks about the reliability of CVTs)

Honda is promising that the 2016 Civic will have "a responsive and refined Honda CVT with G-Shift control."

However, I will believe it when I see it and test drive it myself. Otherwise, I suspect that this is all just a bunch of marketing hype to disguise the fact that it's a CVT instead of a DCT.

Like you, I hate CVTs, and if Honda can't afford to put DCTs in all of the Civics, then I wish that Honda would at least make it an option for the Si.

Manual purists will balk at this, but as long as there is still a manual transmission option for the Si, then it should not be a problem.

Having said that, I am perfectly willing to pay more money for a DCT in an Si that has more weight and less fuel-efficiency than a Civic with a CVT or manual transmission.

I love driving manual transmissions, but there have been some instances in heavy traffic when it would have been much nicer to have a DCT.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish that more people like you would speak up about your preference for the DCT over the CVT.

Every time I've said what you said this in these forums, I get the following responses:
"It's no big deal. The average consumer can't tell the difference between CVT and DCT."
"DCT is too expensive and heavy."
"CVT is lighter and more fuel efficient than the DCT." (nobody ever talks about the reliability of CVTs)
Honda is promising that the 2016 Civic will have "a responsive and refined Honda CVT with G-Shift control."
However, I will believe it when I see it and test drive it myself. Otherwise, I suspect that this is all just a bunch of marketing hype to disguise the fact that it's a CVT instead of a DCT.
Like you, I hate CVTs, and if Honda can't afford to put DCTs in all of the Civics, then I wish that Honda would at least make it an option for the Si.
Manual purists will balk at this, but as long as there is still a manual transmission option for the Si, then it should not be a problem.
Having said that, I am perfectly willing to pay more money for a DCT in an Si that has more weight and less fuel-efficiency than a Civic with a CVT or manual transmission.
I love driving manual transmissions, but there have been some instances in heavy traffic when it would have been much nicer to have a DCT.
Right now I'm just hoping for any kind of auto, whether thats a cvt, dct or regular 6 speed auto from the accord v6. But, as I said in another thread, if they put the dct in there, I'd buy one so quick.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--

That Accord looks 5-10 years older a design even though it was just introduced. Wonder if the next Accord full redesign will see it going with a fastback shape too. At the least I think it'll adopt some of the Civic's sharp creases styling.

BakedTuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Si EP3
I have seen two camo'd cars on the road and yesterday got to walk around a Touring sedan in a parking lot. And wow the best one word description for the exterior is sleek. Probably the best looking Honda sedan ever. Rivaled in family only by a second gen TL Type S from Acura. While I did not get in the car the interior looks fantastic and way upmarket to the last model or any rivals in class and some cars even higher in price range.

Took my time walking around it taking in all angles. The sedan looked so good I might be satisfied with a Si sedan instead of waiting for the more more sporty, and more costly Type R. For my commuting purposes it would probably work and when I want all out performance I have a race kart that can keep me amused.

Have been a lurker here for a while but after seeing the sedan yesterday and being so impressed I had to join to share my thoughts with people who have a similar interest.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
I have seen two camo'd cars on the road and yesterday got to walk around a Touring sedan in a parking lot. And wow the best one word description for the exterior is sleek. Probably the best looking Honda sedan ever. Rivaled in family only by a second gen TL Type S from Acura. While I did not get in the car the interior looks fantastic and way upmarket to the last model or any rivals in class and some cars even higher in price range.

Took my time walking around it taking in all angles. The sedan looked so good I might be satisfied with a Si sedan instead of waiting for the more more sporty, and more costly Type R. For my commuting purposes it would probably work and when I want all out performance I have a race kart that can keep me amused.

Have been a lurker here for a while but after seeing the sedan yesterday and being so impressed I had to join to share my thoughts with people who have a similar interest.
What color interior was it? I'll ask what many of us are curious about until they reveal it in a week - did you get a sense of the car's size compared to the current car?

The Type R will probably only come in hatchback form so an Si would be your top performing option for a sedan anyway. I'm curious to see what the 10th gen sedan would look like in Si form. The coupe that this site rendered looks awesome so a sedan should also look great.

BakedTuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Si EP3
What color interior was it? I'll ask what many of us are curious about until they reveal it in a week - did you get a sense of the car's size compared to the current car?

The Type R will probably only come in hatchback form so an Si would be your top performing option for a sedan anyway. I'm curious to see what the 10th gen sedan would look like in Si form. The coupe that this site rendered looks awesome so a sedan should also look great.
It was white which is a color I usually do not care for on cars, it seems more appropriate on kitchen appliances than a car. But even in white with an auto tranny I like this car. Size wise the hood looked larger to me but the overall size of the car seemed to be the same as Civic IX. While giving the impression of being roomier and more substantial. It really says something great about the overall design to me personally.

In my family there are at least nine Hondas. My '02 Si a couple of Odysseys, three CRV's, two TL Type S's, my youngest daughter used to have a turbocharged RSX Type S that was totaled when some one hit her. She was going to buy a Si like mine but I talked her into an Accord coupe with the V6 and a six speed. Told her it was the more mature choice and that over time she would appreciate that choice. But even though I am a grandpa three times now I still will not make the mature choice for myself. Driving joy tops my list of needs when looking for a car.
Sponsored