Jcmvpp

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si 2020
Country flag
Hey guys I just got my strut bar from dc sports in and I’m sorta new to all this does anyone have any tips on the install and if I’m suppose to raise the front of the car so the suspension would be free during the install
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jcmvpp

Jcmvpp

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si 2020
Country flag
Jack one side up, should drop right on
So what do you mean by that sorry I’m slow you mean jack the front up? I got hella jacks but should I jack the front up and do it orrrr just one side

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
legit, every strut bar I've installed (2 on EM2's, and the one on my FK7), just lifted one side of the car via the factory jack point behind one of the front wheels. Only had one issue getting it to fit on one EM2 install, but I just dicked around with varying the height of the one side and got it to drop on with no issue.

Honestly tho, it's not rocket surgery. Remove nuts, get the bar on, torque it down, call it a day. Don't forget to wrap tubes and/or battery cable just to be on the safe side. If you don't have to jack one side up to get it to drop on, you're good.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Should just take nuts off and drop right on and put nuts back to torque specs. Or worse case raise one side if its tight fit.

OP
OP
Jcmvpp

Jcmvpp

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si 2020
Country flag
Should just take nuts off and drop right on and put nuts back to torque specs. Or worse case raise one side if its tight fit.
OEM nuts or the ones they came with ?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Every bar I've ever done on my Hondas has been a simple bolt-on. Like others have already said... just take the three factory nuts off each side, lay the bar in place, and replace the nuts. You *may* need to bend the negative battery cable terminal thingy down a bit if it's close to the bar. But that's easy. And you do want to protect any wire harnesses and hoses from having direct contact with the bar since it will get hot. If yours is like mine; you may notice the threads on the nuts not being fully engaged with the bar installed. Some people feel that this is a problem. Others claim that it's not a worry. The attached photo was an unrelated rust issue that I had. Just ignore the red arrow. But you can see the thread engagement that I mentioned above.

Honda Civic 10th gen STRUT BAR INSTALLATION HELP! tin rooooof... rusted

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Every bar I've ever done on my Hondas has been a simple bolt-on. Like others have already said... just take the three factory nuts off each side, lay the bar in place, and replace the nuts. You *may* need to bend the negative battery cable terminal thingy down a bit if it's close to the bar. But that's easy. And you do want to protect any wire harnesses and hoses from having direct contact with the bar since it will get hot. If yours is like mine; you may notice the threads on the nuts not being fully engaged with the bar installed. Some people feel that this is a problem. Others claim that it's not a worry. The attached photo was an unrelated rust issue that I had. Just ignore the red arrow. But you can see the thread engagement that I mentioned above.

tin rooooof... rusted.jpg

Do you find you had alignment issues? I had that nut problem happen only on one side and immediately after, I had problems with alignment. I'm assuming because my garage floor is not perfectly level I just learned. Just a hair off. I ended up jacking up both sides evenly when loosely tightening the bolts first then lowering the car off the jacks and then final tightening. The alignment issue went away, all the nuts are evenly threaded and the bar is sturdy.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Do you find you had alignment issues? I had that nut problem happen only on one side and immediately after, I had problems with alignment. I'm assuming because my garage floor is not perfectly level I just learned.
I didn't have any issues. But I was able to move the struts by sticking a screwdriver shank through the splined alignment hole. In previous posts; I was told that the 'play' was not going to result in any real difference. Once the holes were aligned; I tightened them down and the struts haven't moved in over a year.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I never considered having alignment issues after install, I simply bolted my bar on on my (flat?) street without issue. For those of you with more experience, is an alignment check recommended after install? I just had mine corrected about 3k miles before installing my bar and was hoping to not have to shell out another $100 again for a while.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never considered having alignment issues after install, I simply bolted my bar on on my (flat?) street without issue. For those of you with more experience, is an alignment check recommended after install? I just had mine corrected about 3k miles before installing my bar and was hoping to not have to shell out another $100 again for a while.
No it's not required at all.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
My car was parked flat on the drive way when I installed my dc strut bar just used a 14 mm socket and toque wrench no jacks or jack stands took me a few minutes to install
Sponsored