marielle

First Name
Marielle Nogal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 19', Civic Lx 98'
Country flag
Still struggling with which exhaust i should get since im in california, this is my best 2 choices. louder choice would be the greddy ddr, which one of the three should i get?
Sponsored

mikebtw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
I would stay away from the maperformance street exhaust. The fitment is terrible and if you plan on lowering your car, you will scrape like crazy on the muffler. Im also having issues with the midpipe rattling against the heatshield. Also nice to see a local on here, im from daly city.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
those are 2 exhausts I've been up in the air with when deciding on which one to get.
The mufflers sitting low was something that always bothered me.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
the map does sound nice! the muffler does sit a bit low, i was on D2 springs and the muffler would always scrape a big reason why i parted ways with that exhaust

mikebtw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
the map does sound nice! the muffler does sit a bit low, i was on D2 springs and the muffler would always scrape a big reason why i parted ways with that exhaust
How bad was the scraping? Was it almost undrivable? Thinking of lowering with eibach sportlines, which is close to d2 low. Eventually I am planning to do away with the maperformance exhaust.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
How bad was the scraping? Was it almost undrivable? Thinking of lowering with eibach sportlines, which is close to d2 low. Eventually I am planning to do away with the maperformance exhaust.
it was BAD! would i say undriveable? 50/50(being lowered) My reason being is i had the exhaust claps come off going over a speed bump. it happen multiple times it got annoying quick, so what i did i welded the exhaust. Don't get me wrong the sound was amazing, but the fitment was ?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have maperformance street exhaust and I have zero issues lowered on coilovers, never scraped no rattles. Sounds great, and paired with their frontpipe you get the v-band connection with no pipe decrease at the flange like some other exhausts.

If you install it right and take the time to line up all the sections before tightening clamps you'll be good.

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got the MAperformance exhaust as well. It sounds great, street muffler, but getting the alignment right is annoying. Mines is very off center and rattles a bit. It does hang low. My car sits low too and I don't scrape unless entering driveways, almost always happens.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@LampRod I wonder if it's a coupe vs sedan thing with the scraping, I drive over 4 speed bumps each way to work every day and the entrance to my industrial park is a steep incline and I've never scraped.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
Check out the AWE touring, sounds good and the fitment is like OEM

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@LampRod I wonder if it's a coupe vs sedan thing with the scraping, I drive over 4 speed bumps each way to work every day and the entrance to my industrial park is a steep incline and I've never scraped.
Its probably because my fitment is really bad never bothered to fix it lol
Sponsored