eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Link?

That's because it's going to cost them away heck a lot of money to fix this issue. They are totally ignoring it because they know it may last until your warranty expires and then they're out of it.
As much as the situation sucks, why not be a little optimistic on this one and hope that the reason they haven't fixed it with a rush is because the grinding really isn't damaging anything? If it was a big issue, maybe they would've changed it on the '17.
Sponsored

Last edited:

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Link?

That's because it's going to cost them away heck a lot of money to fix this issue. They are totally ignoring it because they know it may last until your warranty expires and then they're out of it.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
As much as the situation sucks, why not be a little optimistic on this one and hope that the reason they haven't fixed it with a rush is because the grinding really isn't damaging anything? If it was a big issue, maybe they would've changed it on the '17.
Hi, have you met Ben&Jen?

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hi, have you met Ben&Jen?
hahaha, I know he's had his share of bad luck with his car. He has a right to be upset. I did too. But let's bring some positive energies into this crap.

Honda has a good reputation. I don't think they would ruin it overnight like that (not really overnight, but you get the point lol). And as we know the grinding noises the other cars had (Accords, CR-Vs, etc.), never had any issues with it. It was just an annoyance more than anything else.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A brand new car should not have this many issues. I'm pissed about all the issues my car has. There's nothing Honda can do that would ever convince me to buy another product from their company. I could see if I had a rattle. Or I had just the grinding apon startups but I have 8 issues with this car that Honda can not fix. There's no positive energy coming from me. I bought this car in full so they wiped there hands of me right when my check cashed. I envy people that have little to no issues with there cars because if it was better put together it would be an amazing car.

ohioflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2016
Hey guys I've got some good news for you all. First of all, I'm from Thailand and i own Civic 1.5 Turbo Thailand model (EX-T equivalent) for over 7 months. My car have been having grinding at start up since the very first day and I was very frustrated by it. Last week, Thailand Honda called me to notify that Honda R&D team in Japan have found the root cause for the grinding which is a faulty solenoid in the Automatic Transmission (the new Earthdream CVT). So they offered me a complete replacement in the Automatic Transmission (Yes, the WHOLE Transmission module). After the replacement, guess what guys... the grinding noise was GONE! For the past few days, I've been recording everytime my car starts up and the noise was nowhere to be heard. So just stay tuned guys, Honda might give a recall for some module replacement very soon.

EDITTED: Whoops, my mistake. They replaced the Automatic Transmission module not the powertrain.
For those who want to look up the part i've got replaced, it's labeled 20031-5CK-010 (can be found online)

Last edited:

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hey guys I've got some good news for you all. First of all, I'm from Thailand and i own Civic 1.5 Turbo Thailand model (EX-T equivalent) for over 7 months. My car have been having grinding at start up since the very first day and I was very frustrated by it. Last week, Thailand Honda called me to notify that Honda R&D team in Japan have found the root cause for the grinding which is a faulty solenoid in the powertrain (the new Earthdream CVT). So they offered me a complete replacement in the powertrain (Yes, the WHOLE powertrain module). After the replacement, Guess what guys... the grinding noise was gone! For the past few days, I've been recording everytime my car starts up and the noise was nowhere to be heard. So just stay tuned guys, Honda might give a recall for some module replacement in the powertrain very soon.
That's great fucking news. Let's hope it happens soon.

OP
OP
edwanny

edwanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys I've got some good news for you all. First of all, I'm from Thailand and i own Civic 1.5 Turbo Thailand model (EX-T equivalent) for over 7 months. My car have been having grinding at start up since the very first day and I was very frustrated by it. Last week, Thailand Honda called me to notify that Honda R&D team in Japan have found the root cause for the grinding which is a faulty solenoid in the Automatic Transmission (the new Earthdream CVT). So they offered me a complete replacement in the Automatic Transmission (Yes, the WHOLE Transmission module). After the replacement, Guess what guys... the grinding noise was gone! For the past few days, I've been recording everytime my car starts up and the noise was nowhere to be heard. So just stay tuned guys, Honda might give a recall for some module replacement very soon.

EDITTED: whoops, My mistake. They replace the Automatic Transmission module not the powertrain.
for those want to look up the part i've got replaced, it's 20031-5CK-010 (can be found online)
Omg!!!!! Thank you so much for this wonderful news!!!

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Hey guys I've got some good news for you all. First of all, I'm from Thailand and i own Civic 1.5 Turbo Thailand model (EX-T equivalent) for over 7 months. My car have been having grinding at start up since the very first day and I was very frustrated by it. Last week, Thailand Honda called me to notify that Honda R&D team in Japan have found the root cause for the grinding which is a faulty solenoid in the Automatic Transmission (the new Earthdream CVT). So they offered me a complete replacement in the Automatic Transmission (Yes, the WHOLE Transmission module). After the replacement, guess what guys... the grinding noise was GONE! For the past few days, I've been recording everytime my car starts up and the noise was nowhere to be heard. So just stay tuned guys, Honda might give a recall for some module replacement very soon.

EDITTED: Whoops, my mistake. They replaced the Automatic Transmission module not the powertrain.
For those who want to look up the part i've got replaced, it's labeled 20031-5CK-010 (can be found online)
Thanks, But that is weird. that kind of noise from a CVT. THat part number is for the complete CVT and only on 1 site. So, they replace the complete CVT trans?????

Last edited:

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK just asked my best bud, they got to pull the complete CVT to replace that valve solenoid . Major work, most don't have the training to do this.

UPDATE: They are also going to have to up the cooling system or the fan on the 1.5.

This could be a result of excessive engine heat. Last summer when it was the worst, I was in stop n go traffic, it was 97 outstside and the A/C going full blast. Stop had lunch for 45 minutes and with the full heat soak of the engine, a super loud grind. This is all making sense now. I took a video and I will see about posting it. Thanks all

Last edited:

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OK just asked my best bud, they got to pull the complete CVT to replace that valve solenoid . Major work, most don't have the training to do this.

UPDATE: They are also going to have to up the cooling system or the fan on the 1.5.

This could be a result of excessive engine heat. Last summer when it was the worst, I was in stop n go traffic, it was 97 outstside and the A/C going full blast. Stop had lunch for 45 minutes and with the full heat soak of the engine, a super loud grind. This is all making sense now. I took a video and I will see about posting it. Thanks all
So do you think there will be a recall for this or they will just addresse it if you go in and complain about it?

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So do you think there will be a recall for this or they will just addresse it if you go in and complain about it?
If they get a CVT failure that causes a safety issue, most definitely yes. I made a few calls and waiting on an answer now.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hey, can you do us a favor and post your work order, just block the personal stuff. Hey thanks in advance...

ohioflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2016
Hey, can you do us a favor and post your work order, just block the personal stuff. Hey thanks in advance...
Here it is, http://imgur.com/a/Pv7Jq

Repair job descriptions are written in Thai but i've translated most of them into English so that you guys can read.

Noted. The currency that's being used is Thai Baht (1USD = 35.45 Thai Baht)
Sponsored

Last edited: