Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
2016 Honda Civic 63000 miles. After start up on a cold morning let the engine idle for about 2 min and started to accelerate. Started hearing a whining/ whirring noise from the engine. Could it be the alternator going bad? Here is a video
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
Also have been getting a break system failure warning on center screen but the breakers are fine and have a new battery

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
Mechanic said it is probably a bad wheel bearing from a pothole that I hit recently

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Does the sound only occur when you start moving? That would eliminate any engine part making the noise.

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
Does the sound only occur when you start moving? That would eliminate any engine part making the noise.
Yesterday it was only making sound when moving and then today it made it while idling. Could barely get the car to move luckily the shop is around the corner and turns out the transmission pressure switch went bad. No idea why but ordered a new one and transmission flush

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
Wow! Hopefully the transmission is ok.
Sorry meant to say changed the Trans fluid since it was leaking not a flush. Also had it changed a few thousand miles ago so guessing Mayb the washer got crushed when they changed it

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
Ok bumping thread because the whine is back and now it appears to need a new transmission at 69k bought the the car 2019 with about 30k. Got the power train warranty thank God! Really disappointed with Honda and the cvt. I changed the oil always did everything but who knows how the original owner drove it? Mayb I should have bought new ?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
There's no way of knowing what caused it. So, just enjoy the fact that you didn't have to pay for it.

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
There's no way of knowing what caused it. So, just enjoy the fact that you didn't have to pay for it.
I’d like to try to figure out what caused it tho, since I’ll need the car for work. Im taking it to the Honda shop Friday so Mayb they can find something. Do you think transmission fluid change is not good if done all at once?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I am pretty sure it is standard to always change all of the oil.

I suppose if you are already having an issue, you may not want to.

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
I am pretty sure it is standard to always change all of the oil.

I suppose if you are already having an issue, you may not want to.
Turns out aamco put the wrong type of transmission oil in the car so Honda took a sample and am waiting to hear back if that fixes the whine. Called aamco to let them know they messed up big time. Hopefully the trans is not damaged to much or I’ll definitely need a new one and now that aamco messed up the warranty they will have to pay

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
Aamco said they only use the Honda hcf-2.. the car is pre owned from Honda, would it be possible that the original owner could have put in the wrong fluid? Honda says they have a sample and it’s a green fluid which is incorrect. I had the trans fluid changed at around 50k after buying it at 30k I’m not sure if the previous owner changed it. After aamco changed it the pressure switch for the transmission died and started leaking so had to add more fluid. About 4 months later it starts whining again. So yea feel like someone is being dishonest but I know aamco most likely had the correct fluid so not sure what happened smh

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That sucks. Hopefully it isn't ruined.

Was fluid leaking from the dead pressure switch? Not sure why it would leak because just because died (unless it was phsyically damaged), or was it leaking from somewhere else?

Did you notice that the fluid that leaked was green?

I assume you added the correct fluid?
Sponsored