danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys so I just purchased a used 2019 Si Sedan and the stock 450 watt subwoofer honestly sounds weaker than my 8th Gen Si I had with the 350 watt audio system. Anyone know why that is? I was able to go into the settings and turn up the bass and the subwoofer to max and it still just doesn't bump as loud as my 8th gen did. Is it because my 8th Gen was a coupe and the subwoofer was closer?
Sponsored

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Not 100% sure of the specifics, but from what I understand the stock EQ on the head unit is not good at all for providing bass.

That being said, I just picked up a 2020 Si Coupe and had the same experience. I installed HondaHack and Viper4Android (instructions are on another post on this site), and I was able to set everything up so that the bass actually had a little punch. Still not as good as my old stock A3, but good enough for me not to want to splurge on a new sub.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not 100% sure of the specifics, but from what I understand the stock EQ on the head unit is not good at all for providing bass.

That being said, I just picked up a 2020 Si Coupe and had the same experience. I installed HondaHack and Viper4Android (instructions are on another post on this site), and I was able to set everything up so that the bass actually had a little punch. Still not as good as my old stock A3, but good enough for me not to want to splurge on a new sub.
Interesting...I'll have to look into the hondahack and viper4android...my old Si's stock subwoofer legit sounded like an aftermarket one

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
yeah I remember my brother had an 8th gen and that thing seriously bumped loud as shit stock but yeah the 10th gen doesn't hit the same lmao

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah I remember my brother had an 8th gen and that thing seriously bumped loud as shit stock but yeah the 10th gen doesn't hit the same lmao
Thats exactly what I'm saying!! I don't get why lol. The stock 8th gen sound system was 350 watts and sounded amazing. The 10th gen is 450 watts but doesn't bump as loud as the 8th gen :/
Sponsored